Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Plug colour?

+3
nomad
pulsarmoley
Gaz GTiR
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Plug colour? - Page 2 Empty Re: Plug colour? 12th September 2013, 2:11 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I just spoke to ed today regarding the plugs on my car as the tips on those were white and actually started to melt after my last cadwell track day

never mentioned your car gaz but he said with mine it could have been down to an alternator failiure (which actually was the case) and current drop causing a meltdown.

might be better to take a closer pic and send it to him and see what he makes of it as in all fairness if there is a possible problem its better for him to sort it now before the possibility of any damage but if he says there ok then you have to go with that really

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

27Plug colour? - Page 2 Empty Re: Plug colour? 12th September 2013, 2:13 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Right Had Ed on the phone & basicly hes said that for my plugs to be buiscuit brown it will take a lot more than 3000 miles to discolour the plugs to a buiscuit brown colour.

He says the timing mark on the tip is in the perfect position.

The electrode is sutty half way down, so that is a sign of it running perfect.

The base of the plugs are sutty which means that's what the crowns of my pistons will look like.

& they also look with in tempriture & not to hot.

So mixed oppinions from everyone lol, But I do need put a EGT gauge on miy list of things to buy!

28Plug colour? - Page 2 Empty Re: Plug colour? 12th September 2013, 4:48 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

GTI-R US wrote:I just spoke to ed today regarding the plugs on my car as the tips on those were white and actually started to melt after my last cadwell track day

never mentioned your car gaz but he said with mine it could have been down to an alternator failiure (which actually was the case) and current drop causing a meltdown.
Wouldn't you actually get a current increase due to amperage increasing as voltage decreases?

29Plug colour? - Page 2 Empty Re: Plug colour? 12th September 2013, 5:03 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

pulsarmoley wrote:
GTI-R US wrote:I just spoke to ed today regarding the plugs on my car as the tips on those were white and actually started to melt after my last cadwell track day

Wouldn't you actually get a current increase due to amperage increasing as voltage decreases?
Theres always 1 that has to get confusing & talk technical... Laughing 

30Plug colour? - Page 2 Empty Re: Plug colour? 12th September 2013, 5:17 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

That's not technical, looking at turbo maps is technical if not rocket science geek scratch 

31Plug colour? - Page 2 Empty Re: Plug colour? 12th September 2013, 6:03 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

pulsarmoley wrote:

whenever i see you post something i always imagine your avatar picture saying it and makes me laugh, just sayin... sorry to hijack your thread gaz

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

32Plug colour? - Page 2 Empty Re: Plug colour? 12th September 2013, 8:25 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Digitalfaze wrote:
pulsarmoley wrote:

whenever i see you post something i always imagine your avatar picture saying it and makes me laugh, just sayin... sorry to hijack your thread gaz
Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum