Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A lot of problems

+2
fred05
Jpankhurst101
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A lot of problems  Empty A lot of problems 1st August 2013, 12:10 am

Jpankhurst101

Hello there,
I have recently bought a nissan pulsar gti-r. They day after I had it the dipstick shot out causing oil to leak out. I have taken it to a local garage and they have come up with a list of faults with the car such as the engine is full of sealant showing the engine has been taken apart and a lot of rust. A few small things as well were found but nothing serious. They believe the engine is too pressured and the turbo is taking air back through it. I don't know whether I should keep the car please help me as this is the first Nissan Pulsar gtir I have owned.
Thanks, James

2A lot of problems  Empty Re: A lot of problems 1st August 2013, 5:20 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

If there is too much pressure in the block, Maybe your breather system is blanked...

is Your car modified?

Last edited by fred05 on 1st August 2013, 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total

3A lot of problems  Empty Re: A lot of problems 1st August 2013, 6:05 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

If the dipstick shot out that would suggest excessive crank case pressure which could he caused by a couple of things. I'd do a compression check fella.

4A lot of problems  Empty Re: A lot of problems 1st August 2013, 6:46 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I would defo do a comp test ... if  the piston rings are far gone excess pressure will pass and create what is commonly  called blow by   (crankcase pressure) and push the oil out  of your dipstick . And as said if the pcv system has been blanked then there is nowhere for the air to go ? Have you got any pics or specs so we have got a better idea ?

5A lot of problems  Empty Re: A lot of problems 2nd August 2013, 11:27 pm

Jpankhurst101

Hi
Very sorry for the long reply but been doing 12 hr shifts. The car is up the local garage and I have asked them to do a compression test as we as giving the car a full once over. I love the car and don't want to have to take it back so I hope there's not too much wrong with it.
Thankyou very much for getting back to me

6A lot of problems  Empty Re: A lot of problems 2nd August 2013, 11:32 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

No problem, let us know the outcome of the compression test

7A lot of problems  Empty Re: A lot of problems 2nd August 2013, 11:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Let us know how it gets on and what comp readings you get for each cylinder .

8A lot of problems  Empty Re: A lot of problems 3rd August 2013, 10:25 am

11Paul11

11Paul11

Ideally you want comp results to be above 140psi each cylinder with no more than 10% difference between them, or even better would be at 160psi each cylinder

9A lot of problems  Empty Re: A lot of problems 8th August 2013, 6:37 pm

Jpankhurst101

Hi Guys

Finally my car has been seen by two separate garages. They both have said the compression test results were fine (sorry not sure of the readings) but suspected a larger problem inside the engine somewhere and the only way to find that out would be to take the engine apart so they said.
I contacted Bob and he told me it could just be the seal gone around the dipstick and that's why it has come out. But there is smoke coming out of the exhaust but only sometimes as I can see it in my mirror and a fumey smell inside the car. The smoke is quite faint.
I want to take this car down to GTI R Us for bob to check it over.
What do you guys think?

Kind regards
James

10A lot of problems  Empty Re: A lot of problems 8th August 2013, 6:46 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Bob would sort it for you but I know he's busy, best speaking to him Wink 

11A lot of problems  Empty Re: A lot of problems 8th August 2013, 7:01 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

hiya Jamie
yes the white smoke sounds like it has a blown headgasket (possibly)
il answer your pm in the morning as cant send any through my laptop for some reason.

the headgasket could have blown due to the leak on the radiator but I can confirm this by doing a chemical check on her, il also check the compressions as that's another way of diagnosing a head gasket problem.

as said, were run off our feet at the moment work wise but if you wanna pop her down I don't mind doing the checks for you but if there is something wrong we are fully booked for over 6 weeks so youll have quite a wait if the car is left with us.

however I may be taking on another mechanic next week if he comes upto scratch in which case this will ease our workload and my stressed head at the moment lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

12A lot of problems  Empty Re: A lot of problems 8th August 2013, 7:26 pm

Jpankhurst101

Hi Bob

Thanks for getting back to me again.
I will have the car brought down to you Monday. I know your rushed off your feet but I'm in no rush for the car to be fixed as I have another car to run about in. I will pm you tomorrow.

Kind regards

James

13A lot of problems  Empty Re: A lot of problems 8th August 2013, 7:50 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

what a happy end!! Very Happy 

14A lot of problems  Empty Re: A lot of problems 8th August 2013, 7:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I wouldnt trust gtirus ive heard proper dodgy things about them .... although i have heard bob has excellent tea making skills lol!  to be fair james i couldnt think of anybody more i would trust with my pulsar Wink 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum