Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

P11 fwd gearbox help / getting so angry

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1P11 fwd gearbox help / getting so angry Empty P11 fwd gearbox help / getting so angry 19th June 2013, 8:01 pm

fwdben

fwdben

Hi everyone! Hoping there is someone on here with more knowledge than me' I'm trying to get the gear casing off my gearbox! P11-144 box!

All the bolts are undone, I've undone two bolts with springs and ball bearings in and the cur-clip at the end!

And nothing, there's still something stopping it going any further, I have been getting so angry at it lol!

I know the reverse gear is different in this box and part of it stays in the casing you remove!

Ill post up a couple of pictures! Any help will be muchly appreciated thanks!!

fwdben

fwdben

P11 fwd gearbox help / getting so angry Null-6

Those two bolt holes at the top are the two I have taken springs and bearings from,

P11 fwd gearbox help / getting so angry Null-5

And that is the top view of where I've removed the main cur-clip holding the casing to the gear stack!

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Is it me being thick and i really have not got a clue much on gearbox strip downs and builds but right on top is the c -clip and bearing underneath is the bearing pushed hard against a lip to locate it on the case there fore it wont move till the c clip is removed and also bearing .....?  Like i said i have no clue ?

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

It does look like maybe that circlip needs to be removed.
When I took my Gtir box apart, the adhesive was holding it tight! It took ages to prize it apart!
Isn't there an owners club you can ask? Npoc is it? Nissan primera owners club.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

fwdben

fwdben

Sorted it guys! It's took me as long to work it out as it did to find a write up on the gearbox! I ha allready removed the clip it was the reverse gear,

there is a gear built into the casing I had to prise out of the box first then once that is removed the casing slides of nicely!

Annoying thing is that was the easy part.... :-( lol

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sorry i couldnt help you more ben .... glad you worked it out anyway ....Wink  what are you upto anyway fresh rebuild ?

fwdben

fwdben

I last week my 4th gearbox let go, last 3 times was always 3rd gear, but this time 4th gear has stripped!

So basically taking my new p11-144 gearbox to bits to swap the diff over to my phantom grip diff!

But as most will know, to fit the diff the whole lot has to come out :-(

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum