Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

engine oil

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1engine oil  Empty engine oil 24th April 2013, 9:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

There seems to be alot of mixed opinions on oil so here is a list of different variants from a budget to top end oils availble
Oil capacity 3.5 litres

Standard oil =10w 40 semi synthetic.

Low cost oil
10w-40 Semi synthetic
10w-40 fully synthetic

Middle range cost
0w-50 semi or fully synthetic
5w-50 " "
10w-50 " "
15w-50 " "

Higher end cost (posh)

Ester oil
10w-50
15w-50

Or 10w60 Mobil 1 extended life.

Most common used is . Fuchs titan race PRO S 10w x 50,

These are guidelines only , and oil level should be checked on a warm engine that has been stood for 5 mins to settle.....not a cold un started engine in the morning.

Last edited by nomad29 on 27th April 2013, 10:01 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrections)

2engine oil  Empty Re: engine oil 24th April 2013, 10:03 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep oils are really subject to type of use of the vehicle i.e road or track

10w/50 fully synthetic is the most commonly used
for gearbox and diffs we use 75/90 semi synthetic
if dog engagement we use shockproof oil

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3engine oil  Empty Re: engine oil 25th April 2013, 4:26 pm

Fully synthetic can make the syncros crunchy.

4engine oil  Empty Re: engine oil 26th April 2013, 7:01 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Majority of the info on the first post was taken from opie oils and a few other sites and is only a guideline the car should always be warmed up regardless of what oil scratch

5engine oil  Empty Re: engine oil 26th April 2013, 5:28 pm

nomad29 wrote:Majority of the info on the first post was taken from opie oils and a few other sites and is only a guideline the car should always be warmed up regardless of what oil scratch

The smaller number I.e 5 w is the thickness on start up so in winter the lower number is better, but the higher number I.e 30 w is thickness at running temp or circa 100 o, 30w is too thin for a 20 year old engine as they never even had it when the car was made! Hence why I modded the post, the car was designed to run in the uk climate on 40 grade, and for most now oil is so good if the car is predom used on the road as an every day car then a semi synthetic will be fine too.

Also if you use too thicker oil be aware that at higher pressure the oil filter will be bypassed due to internal valving in the filter mount, so thick oils in cold weather is a big no no too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum