Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Larger wheel studs

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Larger wheel studs Empty Larger wheel studs 22nd April 2013, 6:49 am

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

To fit my kei rss 17 wheels(et42) I've been told i need slightly larger wheel studs as am in need of spacers to slightly push out away from the calipers? Any ideas on which ones are the correct size i need? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=370474037055.
Rolling Eyes

2Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 22nd April 2013, 4:35 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

link not working.what size spacers ? normal plus 23 is very common works out 63mm or 65s will do are your wheel nuts open ended ? all nissan splines are the same as far as i know and you want 1.25 thread although i changed mine to 1.5 as its courser and alot more wheel nuts or lockers fit 1.5 hope this helps confirm what i wrote is correct before purchase but am 99% sure it is

3Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 22nd April 2013, 7:33 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

I reckon I'll need 5mm spacers and thinner wheel nuts as the current ones have fat heads? Sorry yeh link not working scratch

4Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 22nd April 2013, 7:42 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Well maybe even shorter ones would work

5Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 22nd April 2013, 9:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=370474037055 link fixed .....
I would think if its only a few mm it shouldnt be a problem ...... is it you just need to use a thinner socket usy to fit over the nut ? Or the holes on the alloys to small altogether ?

6Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 23rd April 2013, 7:50 am

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

Thanks for the link Leighton Smile
When I tried the wheel u could only see roughly an inch of the studs coming the holes. The holes are fine because the studs are going through but they need to be going through a bit longer to get a decent tighten? I hope am making sense.

7Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 23rd April 2013, 8:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

If you get longer studs you may need to get open ended nuts then mate other wise it might not do up enough to clamp the wheel tight probably best to get the studs and spacers 1st then have a measure up if it was me id take the wheel off tap one of the oe studs out make sure you put a nut on the end before you hit it obviously otherwise your fook the thread up then tap the longer thread stud in you may need to use an open ended nut to wind the thread into postion and tight onto the hub then take the nut off put your new wheel on and spacer on try the wheel nut see how close it is to either doing up or not

8Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 23rd April 2013, 9:05 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

Thanks leighton gona give it a go next week so will give an update mate

9Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 23rd April 2013, 9:16 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Use a socket to take up slack then wind on nut on new stud untill it pulls tight into hun dont pull agenst your spacers as if there alloy it will damage them

10Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 23rd April 2013, 9:27 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah i forgot to add that bit nice one mate Wink

11Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 23rd April 2013, 9:31 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Mine were tight as hell to knock/ pull in. Doing them requies a hole drilled in brake gaurds or them removed aswell i think. Do one spin the hub

12Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 23rd April 2013, 10:00 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

Thanks guys

13Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 23rd April 2013, 10:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Probably just easier to remove the gaurd ......ones ive done before were not a breeze to get in or out if you get the 1.5 it may need the hole boring out slightly .

14Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 29th April 2013, 11:34 am

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

i removed the guard when doing mine and left the guards off as all that seems to happen is stones get stuck in between the guard and disc anyway, and as said it is not a two min job they were a bugger to do Wink

15Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 6th May 2013, 9:10 am

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

Update guys.. As leighton was correct I didn't even need to change the studs Smile wheels went on no probs. Thanks for all the input guys

16Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 6th May 2013, 8:24 pm

12inchFloppy

12inchFloppy

The guy who fitted my wilwoods put some spacers on, he didnt say so I never thought to look and when I finaly got the car back my Dad drove it to a lockup, the wheel came off just as he got to it (20 mile drive) a big boom and the thing just popped off right up into the arch, luckily it was low so it didnt do anything and he was coming to a stop anyway, luck was with us that day...

https://gti-r-us.forumotion.co.uk

17Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 6th May 2013, 8:43 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How much was it spaced out by though ?

18Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 6th May 2013, 8:49 pm

12inchFloppy

12inchFloppy

5mm lol, wheels were not suited to fit like that,

19Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 6th May 2013, 9:00 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Also depends on style of wheel nuts though to be fair if they are tapered then you get alot more bite on the thread as it will go abit more into the alloy rather than the flat type wich will only sit on top

20Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 6th May 2013, 9:03 pm

12inchFloppy

12inchFloppy

Yes they were tapered Laughing funny they came off and dropped off in 1 meter intervals I found them just up the road.

If you want to read up on what happened to me lol

http://www.nissangtir.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36540&PN=1

21Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 6th May 2013, 9:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats bad ..... should be able to space them out a few mm without causing to much trouble .

22Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 6th May 2013, 9:25 pm

12inchFloppy

12inchFloppy

Yeh, it must have been with the willwoods and the wheels (there universal multi stud BSA) there was just not enough thread their quite a deep alloy which is great for stock brake setup but not for anything meaty, when tightened it literaly only went on a few turns. My other alloys on the other R fit fine with the Hi spec brakes and the same spacers.

23Larger wheel studs Empty Re: Larger wheel studs 6th May 2013, 9:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah thats always a recipe for disaster ..... i wouldnt of trust them regardless .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum