Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

problem

+2
ROB_IOW
joe gt racer
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1problem Empty problem 30th March 2013, 1:12 pm

joe gt racer

joe gt racer

hey guys I have big problem think my engine is not god any more as bad bang bang noise from bottom after rally I do this make me not happy.think can be the big shaft. where I buy this part if broken
thanks and greetz to all gtir world Smile

2problem Empty Re: problem 30th March 2013, 2:23 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

sounds like a big end failure .
probably Cheaper to buy a new engine rather than repair yours

3problem Empty Re: problem 30th March 2013, 2:43 pm

joe gt racer

joe gt racer

not so good as my frend build engine for me not so long so hope this not his problem as we no more are frends I hate him for this if so

4problem Empty Re: problem 30th March 2013, 5:11 pm

Oil level on could have been low, so might not be anyone's fault....there's a few of us in the know run the level a lot higher than standard.

5problem Empty Re: problem 30th March 2013, 7:01 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

how much higher do you run yours? i.e how far extra up the stick

6problem Empty Re: problem 30th March 2013, 7:46 pm

Depends what you are doing with the car...I.e are you running in rally's or track on slicks generating high cornering g , for the standard on the road leave it as is.

7problem Empty Re: problem 30th March 2013, 8:52 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I pressume that the extra oil helps it keep lubricated when under heavy load after long periods of driving it hard is it the point of it not draining down quick enough through the block dan ?

8problem Empty Re: problem 30th March 2013, 9:05 pm

Not enough is held in the sump on hard cornering, we do not have decent baffled sumps so the oil going in to the pickup gets aireated .....then the oil has air bubbles in it and it takes the big end bearings out..........similar effect from having a dented in sump too.

9problem Empty Re: problem 30th March 2013, 9:07 pm

Also, gtir engines are supposed to be warmed up then stopped for a few minutes before checking the oil, not checking the oil when the engine has been stood over night and is stone cold....you get vastly different readings.

10problem Empty Re: problem 30th March 2013, 9:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Oh right thats good to know i always done it from when its cold or been sitting for a while ...

11problem Empty Re: problem 30th March 2013, 10:37 pm

boydy

boydy

Thats good advice that,Good to know for the future. cheers

12problem Empty Re: problem 31st March 2013, 6:01 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep as dan said jo if your rallying/using car on track for competition purposes tbh its a gamble forge engine or not.
anything minor can soon cause a major engine failiure

you need to find out why its failed if that's the case, no good just hating your mate for it lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

13problem Empty Re: problem 31st March 2013, 6:24 pm

beau_1990

beau_1990

im glad to see others have been ok over filling the oil slightly, i accidently over filled mine by about 7mm or so on the dipstick, was going to drain some out but has been ok...

14problem Empty Re: problem 31st March 2013, 6:40 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah I generally overfill mine by aroind 8-10mm if im doing a trackday.
too much is better than not enough in my book

15problem Empty Re: problem 1st April 2013, 6:41 pm

joe gt racer

joe gt racer

ok I have found trouble with a metal camshaft lifter come side ways I fix this but now part that hold it is gone in engine maybe stopping oil and I not find this so I think can be a big trouble
my frend say not his trouble so now I know what not to do this make me sad Sad

16problem Empty Re: problem 1st April 2013, 6:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You mean its thrown a rocker ...? Have you tried taking the sump off and see if it has dropped through ?

17problem Empty Re: problem 1st April 2013, 7:06 pm

Or do you mean that the rocker pivot has broken in the head?

Have seen a couple of cars do this....it's normally from people trying to shim the engine from the rocker post end, and then you find out the hard way it doesn't work.

18problem Empty Re: problem 2nd April 2013, 2:51 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

sounds to me as though its thrown a rocker and snapped a shim which has more than likely disappeared down the main oilway and hopefully dropped into the sump.

consider yourself lucky that it has not gone down the timing cover and lifted the chain off the sprocket as ive seen that happen before.
also check the cam as it may well have cracked or weakened it Wink

19problem Empty Re: problem 4th April 2013, 11:11 am

joe gt racer

joe gt racer

hey yes is correct with the metal shim as you call I have found in cover of chain which brake the cover to make oil leaking and with my other troubles it is not good for me. I think I need to make chain good to as it have now marking so may be damage. all this problem for small piece of metals. not happy with car now so think I fire it after hitting with hammer, my frend not help me no more so no more frend I still think he make problem after taking lot of money from me Crying or Very sad

20problem Empty Re: problem 4th April 2013, 12:07 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Was it a company that rebuilt the engine for you ..... why did you have the engine done ? Or was it just a partial rebuild .

21problem Empty Re: problem 4th April 2013, 12:20 pm

joe gt racer

joe gt racer

my frend rebuild the engine with all new part I do 800km now the troubles I think not good

22problem Empty Re: problem 4th April 2013, 2:22 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

joe gt racer wrote:hey yes is correct with the metal shim as you call I have found in cover of chain which brake the cover to make oil leaking and with my other troubles it is not good for me. I think I need to make chain good to as it have now marking so may be damage. all this problem for small piece of metals. not happy with car now so think I fire it after hitting with hammer, my frend not help me no more so no more frend I still think he make problem after taking lot of money from me Crying or Very sad

yep it sounds like the shim has dropped down timing cover, not good!
I have no idea what the damage is but if the chain has marked then I would deffo replace that as a link may have been damaged.
you wont know if theres any valve damage until you either try and fire her up or remove the head for further inspection.

800km and you were rallying it Shocked in all fairness to your mate its not his fault, I would not guarantee it either
any competition or track based engine has no guarantee no matter who builds it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum