Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

christmas soon :D

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1christmas soon :D Empty christmas soon :D 4th December 2012, 8:22 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

well i made my santa list today and thought i could do with a few things for my trusty rice tin, going to do the 1bar loop soon so thinking about getting an aem wideband afr gauge and a pillar pod which ill fibreglass into the pillar and get the 2 of them flocked, and been looking into a walbro fuel pump also, so hoping it will all stay reliable enough and done right, do i need a boost controller too?

whats everyone elses plans for they're cars?

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

2christmas soon :D Empty Re: christmas soon :D 4th December 2012, 8:29 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

If your doing the 1 bar loop then a boost controller is not needed, good to get a wideband though to keep an eye on the mixture.
I shall hopefully be fitting my 3" system and my new bumper; thats if i catchup with my private work first. Got a worrying feeling my headgasket has started to fail though Suspect

3christmas soon :D Empty Re: christmas soon :D 4th December 2012, 8:45 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You wont need a boost controller as pete said already. ..fitting the walbro is quite an easy job theres a how to in how to section on that. For abit of refference if needed.
What makes you think your headgasket is on its way out pete? ......
Jobs for me over xmas is dropping me rear subframe out sealing up the rear diff painting the subframe up while its out also fit me coilovers waxoyle the underneath of the car sort out any rust while im there then i got a rad to fit manifold probably going to wait for that bit as i want to get some braided lines for the turbo and some blue rad hoses while i got all that bit off. .. More money to spend lol

4christmas soon :D Empty Re: christmas soon :D 4th December 2012, 9:25 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I was under the bonnet removing the lambda sensor and noticed my coolant reservoir was above full, took cap off and had a sniff and it stunk of petrol...

Where abouts in Evesham are you? I take it you weren't affected by the floods there? I remember when it flooded there a few years ago while i was at college.

5christmas soon :D Empty Re: christmas soon :D 4th December 2012, 9:28 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats not good then Rolling Eyes will just replace the gasket or any plans for a fresh build if you have to strip it out.

6christmas soon :D Empty Re: christmas soon :D 4th December 2012, 9:33 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I always said to myself if i ever had to have the engine done again i would get it lightened/balanced etc as i couldnt afford it first time round but ill do a compression check at some point.

7christmas soon :D Empty Re: christmas soon :D 4th December 2012, 9:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Fingers crossed then mate its not bad news. ...

8christmas soon :D Empty Re: christmas soon :D 5th December 2012, 9:47 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

pulsarmoley wrote:I was under the bonnet removing the lambda sensor and noticed my coolant reservoir was above full, took cap off and had a sniff and it stunk of petrol...

Where abouts in Evesham are you? I take it you weren't affected by the floods there? I remember when it flooded there a few years ago while i was at college.

i live in greenhill which is on a hill so we weren't affected by the floods luckily but have to drive past on way to work and it was pretty crazy.

Thanks i didnt think i needed to get a boost controller but just wanted to check, i assume the afr will determine if i will need to get the fueling adjusted or not after the loop? sorry about the headgasket that sucks and i dread the day that happens Sad so what will you do rebuild or buy a new engine?

9christmas soon :D Empty Re: christmas soon :D 5th December 2012, 9:48 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

nomad29 wrote:You wont need a boost controller as pete said already. ..fitting the walbro is quite an easy job theres a how to in how to section on that. For abit of refference if needed.
What makes you think your headgasket is on its way out pete? ......
Jobs for me over xmas is dropping me rear subframe out sealing up the rear diff painting the subframe up while its out also fit me coilovers waxoyle the underneath of the car sort out any rust while im there then i got a rad to fit manifold probably going to wait for that bit as i want to get some braided lines for the turbo and some blue rad hoses while i got all that bit off. .. More money to spend lol

really want to do this too as its my daily but having the space and knowledge is my downfall Sad good luck

10christmas soon :D Empty Re: christmas soon :D 5th December 2012, 10:34 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Want to do what bit digi? im sure what ever bit we can guide you through it. Very Happy

11christmas soon :D Empty Re: christmas soon :D 5th December 2012, 10:51 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

nomad29 wrote:Want to do what bit digi? im sure what ever bit we can guide you through it. Very Happy

strip it all down and underseal it and paint subframe etc

12christmas soon :D Empty Re: christmas soon :D 5th December 2012, 11:58 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

pete it may not be a headgasket
bring it down here one day and il put a sniffer test on it.

dont forget that you had big overfuelling issues and although that shouldnt mix with coolant petrol vapours can sometimes escape under compression if shes overfuelling bigtime

drain the system and refill it with fresh coolant and run the car down to me and il check it for you to see if anything shows up.

as for xmas............a tyre for my gtr would be nice, in 4 years il have a set lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

13christmas soon :D Empty Re: christmas soon :D 5th December 2012, 12:17 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Cheers Bob, think i have changed the coolant since it was mapped but cant remember, ill change it and see how it goes, if i suspect anything ill take you up on your offer. Ill speak more about it sunday Wink

Digi, yeah the afr will determine how the fuelling is doing and i agree with you about what Leighton is planning, dont think i have the time or space Crying or Very sad

If i remember correctly if your running a standard turbo with the loop then i think it has a tendency to be slightly lean low rpm and slightly rich high rpm but mine was the opposite i think due to my turbo Suspect I hope someone will correct me if im wrong...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum