Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Checking in

+6
pulsarmoley
Mr B
johnny gtir
pulsarmad20
Stugtir300
splmum
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 27th December 2022, 12:52 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Checking in  - Page 2 Cd007410

27Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 27th December 2022, 12:54 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Always this was my last buy will get it fitted and new map for the summer

28Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 27th December 2022, 1:35 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Mr B wrote:
Cosmic73 wrote:Managed to drop the block/gearbox this morning which was stressful, but took it slow and it went fine.Checking in  - Page 2 Img_2026

Well there's your problem ... you got a surplus big hole in your block, fancy machining 5 holes instead of 4 !
It's a shit design. 2.5L, 5 pot only pushing out 225bhp at stock. You can tune then up but only to 350 max as the liners crack because they're wafer thin.
Just goes to show how fantastic the gtir block is. 2l, 4 pot tunable to 350bhp without much risk. Wish I was doing an R instead :-(

29Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 28th December 2022, 7:09 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Mr B wrote: Pretty sure R membership requires no females, too much financial distraction lol .

Oh tell me about it, my credit card has been getting a good working lately. I cant believe how things are costing. Since Aus is nice and sunny Im getting solar installed next week, should make a good dent in the power bill.

30Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 28th December 2022, 7:10 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

johnny gtir wrote:Checking in  - Page 2 Cd007410

Nice, is that a custom job mate?

31Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 28th December 2022, 10:37 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yes protec made I bought it but has not been used much very high quality made so looking forward to fitting it.

32Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 28th December 2022, 12:50 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Bit late to the gathering but still alive just about lol

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

33Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 28th December 2022, 8:44 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Glad to hear it pete

34Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 28th December 2022, 9:13 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Miss those meets at the pub too, always had a good time catching up over good grub. Haven’t touched the R for at least a year. My t4 is first on the list to sort, one day…

35Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 28th December 2022, 11:38 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yes mate I miss all the catch ups the pub meets etc. If your stuck with the R anytime and I can help just shout mate

36Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 28th December 2022, 11:47 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

johnny gtir wrote:Yes mate I miss all the catch ups the pub meets etc. If your stuck with the R anytime and I can help just shout mate

Cheers bud. At least while it’s sat in a workshop it’s only going up in value lol. Once my health gets sorted I’ll hopefully get back on track. It may be one of the slowest R’s but it did make me smile. Plus I need to see what she’s like against modern shite like the fiesta st rude boys Laughing

37Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 28th December 2022, 11:56 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Mate I don’t drive mine as much as I want but always brings smile to my face. A mate of mine tunes a fair few varied power fiesta st. Some of which are quick but not raw like the R

38Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 12th May 2023, 5:27 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Cosmic73 wrote:I still check in every now and then.
God I miss this forum and look back when I did my gtir Winter project with real fondness.
I'm rebuilding a MK2 focus st225 at the moment and on the focus owners club forum but it's crap. Crap service manual, very badly written, crap advice.
Just wanted to wish everyone a merry Christmas and hope you all have a great 2023!
I'll be back 😀
Bit of an update, finished rebuilding this a month back and absolutely fly's. Just sold it for £4,300 so I made £2k on it but I wouldn't do it again. My heart just wasn't in it and tbh it was more stressful then enjoyable doing the build.
Looking out for a cheap classic nissan for the coming Winter so I might be back. :-)

39Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 13th May 2023, 11:22 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Cosmic73 wrote:
God I miss this forum and look back when I did my gtir Winter project with real fondness.
I'm rebuilding a MK2 focus st225 at the moment and on the focus owners club forum but it's crap. Crap service manual, very badly written, crap advice.
Just wanted to wish everyone a merry Christmas and hope you all have a great 2023!
I'll be back 😀
Bit of an update, finished rebuilding this a month back and absolutely fly's. Just sold it for £4,300 so I made £2k on it but I wouldn't do it again. My heart just wasn't in it and tbh it was more stressful then enjoyable doing the build.
Looking out for a cheap classic nissan for the coming Winter so I might be back. :-)

I quite like the look of them. Is that model the one with the gearbox issue? thats a shame, Im presuming the profit didnt make up for the time spent on it? and if its not an enjoyable time and just doing it for a flip, go with something easier next time Smile although im not sure nissan will change that much lol

40Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 13th May 2023, 6:29 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Least you stuck with it and got it finished

41Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 14th May 2023, 9:35 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

gtir_woody wrote:
Cosmic73 wrote:
I'll be back 😀

I quite like the look of them. Is that model the one with the gearbox issue? thats a shame, Im presuming the profit didnt make up for the time spent on it? and if its not an enjoyable time and just doing it for a flip, go with something easier next time Smile although im not sure nissan will change that much lol
It's a nice looking car but just doesn't have that rarity a gtir would have. As far as I'm aware the gearbox tends to be ok, it's cracked liners that tend to go on these. The £2k profit was unexpected but nice and did make up for the weeks I spent on my back. Now I know what I know, I could another one in half the time, but nah, it's a classic Nissan I'm really after. Even a bluebird would be nice, but you just can't get them as projects,

42Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 3rd June 2023, 2:50 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Still got a nice Calsonic R32 project f/s if interested Neil

Or possibly a fully forged pulsar gtir (Phil Bracpans ex race car)

Checking in  - Page 2 2023-010

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

43Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 4th June 2023, 4:21 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Im a fan of the Calsonic R32 Smile

44Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 4th June 2023, 2:09 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

GTI-R US wrote:Still got a nice Calsonic R32 project f/s if interested Neil

Hey Bob, I've just PM'd you
cheers, Neil

45Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 23rd July 2023, 5:13 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Cosmic73 wrote:
GTI-R US wrote:Still got a nice Calsonic R32 project f/s if interested Neil

Hey Bob, I've just PM'd you
cheers, Neil

Own an R32 yet Laughing

46Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 6th August 2023, 6:18 pm

scotty6860

scotty6860

I’m still on here busy buying new bits for the r

47Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 12th August 2023, 5:24 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

scotty6860 wrote:I’m still on here busy buying new bits for the r

I still keep an eye out for parts, a lot less around these days.

48Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 10th October 2023, 6:54 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Hey everyone, hope you're all well and had a nice Summer out on your R's
After selling the ST I got a message a month later to hear the bloke I sold it too ragged the arse of it and it needed a new rebuild. I did ask him to break it in gently, haha.
Anyway I couldn't find an R project car for this Winter but I've came across this stunning 350z with engine knock I picked up for £2.5k, just stripping it down now :-
Checking in  - Page 2 Img_2027

49Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 12th October 2023, 12:20 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That seems a really good price for the 350 mate, a lot better than here I think. It looks pretty clean? What’s the plan? Just a rebuild and get it running?

Cosmic73 wrote:Hey everyone, hope you're all well and had a nice Summer out on your R's
After selling the ST I got a message a month later to hear the bloke I sold it too ragged the arse of it and it needed a new rebuild. I did ask him to break it in gently, haha.
Anyway I couldn't find an R project car for this Winter but I've came across this stunning 350z with engine knock I picked up for £2.5k, just stripping it down now :-

50Checking in  - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking in 12th October 2023, 1:15 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

gtir_woody wrote:That seems a really good price for the 350 mate, a lot better than here I think. It looks pretty clean? What’s the plan? Just a rebuild and get it running?

Cosmic73 wrote:Hey everyone, hope you're all well and had a nice Summer out on your R's

Hey Woody,
Yeah, it's not a bad price considering it'll be worth about £7k'ish when done up.
Plan is just to rebuild it with new bearings, rings etc and keep it for a while.
My heart is definitely more into this one then the ST,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum