Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Attempted theft

+2
gtir_woody
Mr B
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Attempted theft Empty Attempted theft 3rd July 2022, 2:31 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Only good thing is likely get bit of video content on the R repairs ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iKuC6TLXcs

2Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 3rd July 2022, 5:19 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I enjoyed the episodes they did on that car. It’s surprising, I haven’t kept track of the second hand market over the last few years and parts have really dried up, not like the old days.

Johnny your hoard will be worth a fortune lol

3Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 3rd July 2022, 9:34 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

The question is how many people doing GTiR projects/restorations !
Looking at the forum not many .
Was the Oz forum fairly active before went down ?

Hopefully Johnny pop in as he be able give us idea of UK activity .

You would of thought with reduced parts options the forum would of had a few thread on parts wanted or cross referencing for new part sourcing ...

Hope the MCM boys do something decent with the R ...

4Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 4th July 2022, 12:41 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

yeah the price/ availability of the cars/ parts has made starting projects less accessible these days aswell.

Yeah gtiroz was active, it had those core long term members that post aswell. I do miss the random talk here.

If only the forum concept had someway to integrate with the broader social media platforms im sure people would be more inclined to use it. its kind of just out sight/ out of mind now. Easier to just ask a question on FB.

5Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 4th July 2022, 2:33 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Indeed the easy days over, that would make you think community & knowledge base be more useful ...
I think this forum well out of site lol .
Would be good if had some sort of shared feed between FB and forum ... assuming is some sort of constant FB activity/scene .

Is Bob still trading or closed both gtir-us and tots ?

6Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 1st August 2022, 11:50 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

[quote="Mr B"

Is Bob still trading or closed both gtir-us and tots ?[/quote]

Hiya guys
Thought this forum had gone down but it's back again Very Happy

TOTS has now ceased trading after the covid thing together with my lack of enthusiasm.

Still trading through Gti-r-us but dont advertise anything anymore (other than ebay) mainly through lack of time

Used to be so much better in the forum days, when fb and all the other social media sites popped up well that was the final nail in the coffin for me and the forums too.
i can not be assed with all the bitchiness, back stabbing & time wasters on social media so rarely ever go on any social media platform

I still have thousands upon thousands of parts for these cars probably around two or three 40ft xcontainer loads plus around half a dozen gtir's left in stock.

However due to a big change in my circumstance i no longer have the time or enthusiasm to keep taking photo's of items and all the other hassle that goes with selling bits so unfortunately when i vacate my workshop later this year there will be loads of items that will end up being weighed in as scrap no doubt.
Real shame but unless someone came along and buys all the parts or business then i have no alternative, got far too many other commitments, expenses at present to deal with selling renting the workshop is no longer a viable thing for me, needs someone who is commited and enthusiastic to carry it on.

Out of curiosity how many people still look in on this forum?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

7Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 8th August 2022, 11:24 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Not many Bob ... Seems be me and Woody lol .
Would of expected few more as was a fair few UK owners ...

8Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 9th August 2022, 10:33 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Even the number of bots here have gone lol

9Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 9th August 2022, 11:54 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Attempted theft 1f602
Is a shame as was was a pretty friendly forum, helpful and generally everyone went along to keep it polite and no drama .

10Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 2nd October 2022, 10:11 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Hi all I Still check in now and then

11Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 5th October 2022, 6:55 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

What’s been happening Johnny? How’s the cars and the hoard going?

12Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 6th October 2022, 7:48 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Same s**t diff day. Blue wide arch ones on the road still gets used every opportunity although winters on its way. Hoarding not bought anything for a while prob 1 spend a year the last two years. Bought carbon bonnet and spoiler new un used from a good mate of mine. Last purchase was 3 weeks ago bought a quaife box and quality exhaust manifold. Fair to say I still love these cars. Miss the old days catching up with everyone pub meets, car meets etc. How’s you mate ?

Mr B likes this post

13Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 7th October 2022, 9:46 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Good to hear Johnny, glad you are still picking up some parts even though things are alot harder to find these days. I’ve been good, my car is just sitting, starting a family and buying a home certainly changes priorities but I have no plans on selling, the R can sit and I’ll enjoy it later.

Mr B likes this post

14Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 8th October 2022, 11:54 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Wow, 1 spend a year, you must need counselling and medication deal with the withdrawal symptoms Johnny :-)

Woody's an R owner forever thumbsup Still can enjoy it in garage & future time will come for more interaction .
Getting rid of them now likely means never owning one again I would suspect ...

15Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 9th October 2022, 8:55 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

At least at this stage I am lol! Even though my car has had minimal use, I think now I’m a little older and have a family, say in 10 years I think I would regret getting rid of it, I think I’m going to enjoy it more a little later in life. It’s stayed registered the last 10 years, which with inflation and cost of living increasing I may have to rethink in the immediate future, only reason I’ve avoided it is some of the pain going through a road worthy process now it’s heavy modified. Majority of the mods are certified but you know how it is Wink

16Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 9th October 2022, 11:47 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Once you get your engineering approval/plate does that last indefinitely or does it need get assessed again if vehicle was unregistered for x amount of years .
Are they keen on looking for hassle on road ready inspections and what sort of areas on modified car likely cause extra hassle .
Do the vehicles laws vary in different states, I assumed they did to some extent but Oz is pretty unique in it's engineering approval and safety nannying so for us outsiders it all a bit fuzzy on actual process, complexity of it and cost of it .
Most of Europe is fairly easy and costs reasonable, thailand been fairly easy as laws can be fairly flexible but that creates expense in police, testers, government officials and third party agents wanting cash for helping you through barriers they confronting you with.
Importing used cars is pretty much a no go here these days .

17Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 9th October 2022, 11:27 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

The approval plate for modifications are indefinite but its generally the hassle of the roadworthy, there are dodgy people to get around it if you know someone though. For example you cant mod plate a full roll cage in a street driven car anymore (can only do half cages), so older cars with a full cage plate are sough after.

Yeah rules are different per state here, where I am there is no annual inspections etc required. The rules for club registrations also vary per state, its way cheaper than the normal registration cost per year, but my state is super restricted, basically you can only drive to a sanctioned event (thats not your facebook friday car meet), test drives and maintenance, its pretty useless IMO.

18Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 10th October 2022, 1:40 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Do you only need do roadworthy if registration expired or have police notice of a fault or just purchased vehicle .
interstate laws seems a great way have a unneeded muddle to me, If you buy a car in another state can you easily drive it home legally within a time frame before new owner needs complete new registration ?
Is it easier buying in same state or basically same paperwork process ?
How much is annual registration costs and does vehicle type or age effect the cost .

19Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 11th October 2022, 9:03 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

In my state only when rego expires, cars change owners or potentially when defects occurs. Yeah no problems moving across states, there is timeframe the new owner needs to transfer the car. I think the process is actually the same across states, but i havent done it myself. I pay almost $200 every 3 months for rego. We have 3 cars including the R. we are getting a mazda cx-30 as a family car next month actually, the newer technology will be interesting. What is the process like over there?

20Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 13th October 2022, 2:23 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Here we have annual tax fee and annual roadworthy inspection once vehicles over 7 years old .
Rules are same all provinces .
Tax is under 100 of your dollars a year and roadworthy inspection like 20 dollars .
Decent vehicle insurance is quite expensive & modifications is a grey area open to a lot of hassle from police for bribes or causing problems making an insurance claim .
I do think your modified vehicle engineering approval plate is good concept, obviously gradually can exclude too much as gets over nannying but it sensible concept if rules/regulations not too limited .

21Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 13th October 2022, 9:02 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That cost doesn’t seem too bad. I would love for better laws and cheaper rego for classic cars. Some of our insurance companies do cheaper rego for cars travelled less Kms etc. Rego is the killer. The current club rego cuts that cost by something like 3/4’s, but no flexibility to take your car to a local car meet at macca’s or drive it to work one day.

22Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 13th October 2022, 11:22 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Annual costs are pretty low, what does tend to cost pretty high here is parts new or used and you really got plan ahead on parts sourcing keep prices sensible and sourcing times acceptable .
Is a few companies doing jdm used parts and half cuts and fair few avenues for new parts from Japan or UAE part dumps, prices can get high with shipping and broker fees and it total ballache getting things corrected in situation of wrong parts supplied.
At the moment in Thailand a boat probably be better purchase choice than a car lol , and even when roads not flooded the surface quality of them is pretty poor and good tyres/suspension and good AWD system helps keep you out of trouble .
Overall I would say car ownership here is quite costly as vehicle prices used are not great and condition can be poor so you really need some personal knowledge have a chance of making sensible purchase decisions .
Repairs can be an issue too, do have some great services available and seen some really top class restoration repair and tuning work but without some experience or connections you likely waste a lot of money and sanity learning good repair shops from bad .
Here things are either really good or really bad, not much in the middle ground ...

23Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 13th October 2022, 8:21 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

[quote="Mr B"]Wow, 1 spend a year, you must need counselling and medication deal with the withdrawal symptoms Johnny :-)

Evening sir
Yes the struggle is real ha ha. Miss the old days Essex trips, meets , pub lunches with the lads. Time flys my daughter was 2 last the other week. Still work stupid hours. How’s yourself ?

Woody days I want to sell up the lot then soon slap myself and see sense. Having had one constantly the road the last 2 years ( apart from stored during winter ) helps as jump in starts first turn of key warm it up drive and cement my thoughts there part of me

24Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 14th October 2022, 8:17 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

johnny gtir wrote:
Mr B wrote:Wow, 1 spend a year, you must need counselling and medication deal with the withdrawal symptoms Johnny :-)

Evening sir
Yes the struggle is real ha ha. Miss the old days Essex trips, meets , pub lunches with the lads. Time flys my daughter was 2 last the other week. Still work stupid hours. How’s yourself ?

Woody days  I want to sell up the lot then soon slap myself and see sense. Having had one constantly the road the last 2 years ( apart from stored during winter ) helps as jump in starts first turn of key warm it up drive and cement my thoughts there part of me  

Good to hear from you mate. My daughter is 15 months now, time flies, certainly makes some of my priorities change thats for sure. Good to hear you gave yourself a good slap and knocked some sense into you Laughing . I feel the same way sometimes but i think i will appreciate my car more in years to come, just driving it regardless of hp etc will make me happy.

25Attempted theft Empty Re: Attempted theft 15th October 2022, 3:01 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

All good, Johnny, I still drive R weekly . No intention sell and not much chance get sensible money for them here .
Life is forever changing, hard to map a course and stick to it, holding on to the cars regardless of amount of use seems better option in current world mess and you got chance use them in future or possibly sell on for worthwhile price .
Even if not driving them ownership can be bit of get away time for bit of wrench work and future will likely bring some time to make more use of them one way or another .
It not all about HP and track events, lot of it nostalgia and making fun times/memories .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum