Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My RX-8 Track Car

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My RX-8 Track Car Empty My RX-8 Track Car 15th June 2020, 11:18 pm

shroom

shroom

So about a year ago I brought and RX-8 very cheap of my cousin. I decided i was in no rush to finish my Pulsar and wouldnt have wanted to thrash it too much these days.

A RX-8 is ideal as it loves to be thrashed, cheap, and the handling is superb. It's got a lot of the mod cons I like and touch wood is relatively reliable with good compression figures.

Last year I went to the following tracks

Castle Combe
Silverstone
Donnington Park
Castle Combe again
Blyton Park
Mallory Park
Three sisters

I have another track day booked later this year for Oulton Park and want to do one in the summer possibly castle Combe or Bedford.

Modification wise I have kept it as stock as possible, I have added yellow stuff pads with c hook discs, de cat with pro drive exhaust system and got a good set of federal 595 rsr and some vredestein ultrac vorti for normal and wet weather. Maintenance is easy and cheap and well as pre mixing with 2 stroke oil. I have also had a mini map which adds a cold rev limit, ups the oil pump as well as the rev limit to 9750 as well as a few other tweaks.

My RX-8 Track Car 48191410
My RX-8 Track Car 48183710
My RX-8 Track Car 49054610

2My RX-8 Track Car Empty Re: My RX-8 Track Car 15th June 2020, 11:33 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Nice pics mate, glad it hear its still going strong Smile

3My RX-8 Track Car Empty Re: My RX-8 Track Car 16th June 2020, 12:26 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

wow all those reputable venues let a red oil spitting briggs & stratton on the track :-)

Those rotary engines are cool engineering .
Never seen one here running, saw a lot at a show and motorsport museum in New Zealand and some crazy power and sound .
I here bit of cult following in Oz too .

Don't trash it as expect get a bit valuable ...

4My RX-8 Track Car Empty Re: My RX-8 Track Car 16th June 2020, 7:03 pm

shroom

shroom

They are not too bad Mr B a lot of bad press with them but over all they are pretty reliable if looked after. As the car is pretty much at its limits performance wise it makes it an ideal novice track car, I really do enjoy ringing it out to nearly 10k rpm and the pops and bangs are very noticable

They are notably bad on fuel and been 07 is high on tax cost but I thoroughly enjoy it and love the heated leather and shift beep 🤣

The following with the RXoc also really good, very welcoming. I always love a good wankel so goes with the territory

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

5My RX-8 Track Car Empty Re: My RX-8 Track Car 18th June 2020, 12:06 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

So the RXoc took you on !
They should of done a background check first lol , but guess they as desperate for members as we are ... :-D
You done any drag times with it , what the handling like on track .

6My RX-8 Track Car Empty Re: My RX-8 Track Car 18th June 2020, 6:51 pm

shroom

shroom

Mr B wrote:So the RXoc took you on !
They should of done a background check first lol , but guess they as desperate for members as we are ... :-D
You done any drag times with it , what the handling like on track .

Haha oh yes they love me, tbf it's a pretty big club got loads of committee, events are put on through the year and usually an exclusive track day at the AGM they host. I was pretty surprised how organised it is.

Yes I went to Santapod and did about 6 runs, couldnt quite get the right rpm but had a good go.

Think I managed 14 seconds quarter mile will dig out the slip🤣 they are not really built for it and I'm shit lol

My RX-8 Track Car 20200613

7My RX-8 Track Car Empty Re: My RX-8 Track Car 18th June 2020, 7:23 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Good to see you enjoying it like I said previous my lasses was very reliable and good car

8My RX-8 Track Car Empty Re: My RX-8 Track Car 18th June 2020, 10:27 pm

shroom

shroom

johnny gtir wrote:Good to see you enjoying it like I said previous my lasses was very reliable and good car

Yeah I still havent had any major issues and given it some stick, mostly not using it enough is the main problem but should get it out soon enough. I like the fact they are under rated as it keeps them cheap and the fan base are all die hard who love them. Similar to the Pulsar in that respect

9My RX-8 Track Car Empty Re: My RX-8 Track Car 19th June 2020, 7:32 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Alot of people didn't dig the look they came out with after the rx7, I have to admit they have grown on me over the years. They go well though and a good all rounder, you watch the price of these as the years go on aswell.

shroom likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum