Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Diffs / gearbox / help !!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Diffs / gearbox / help !! Empty Diffs / gearbox / help !! 8th November 2019, 3:22 am

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Hello fellas

Looking or some help before I strip my car for parts as it’s starting to become more off an ass ache than fun .

Since the car has been put back on the road this year in the wet on gravel on anything lose the car will spin up and instantly go left whyyyyyy????

Also the car on full lock is a bitch to pull off / ( like leaving a 4x4 in low box with diffs locked ) ? I though maybe rear diff was knackered changed it for a good second hand one and it’s still the same .

If some one can explain what the diff in the box does and transfer box and what happens if either off these are broken ? I’ve done recherche for the last month and I not finding answers to my problems . Am starting to wonder weather selling the car in parts is the answer to get / try and get as much money back possible and move on .

Thanks
Sam

2Diffs / gearbox / help !! Empty Re: Diffs / gearbox / help !! 9th November 2019, 11:23 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Who fitted bits on car when it went back on the road ? They have filled diff , transfer box and gear box

3Diffs / gearbox / help !! Empty Re: Diffs / gearbox / help !! 10th November 2019, 8:57 am

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

There is oil in gearbox transfer and rear diff , the car has done this for years I just forgot about it plus I genuinely thought when I started looking into it that it was rear diff locking up , but I have changed it and it’s still the same . I have just understood that the diff in the gearbox is the center diff I’m thinking that it’s possibly knackered ? Surely a center diff should slip slightly ? So pulling off on full lock would be easy ? As that’s what a center diff does ?

4Diffs / gearbox / help !! Empty Re: Diffs / gearbox / help !! 11th November 2019, 12:22 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Centre diff (one in box) is  a viscous unit and if that functioning incorrectly could be causing symptoms like you reporting, this centre viscous should be allowing slip to stop that torsion bind up you feeling at low speed full lock and reacts to front/rear drive rotational differences to adjust torque split (should add more to rear as front loosing traction)  .
The front diff (in transfer case) if original unit is just an open diff so not likely be an issue but be wise check the condition of it as step of resolving your problem .
Aftermarket plated front lsd can cause lot of issues in a road use car.

Last edited by Mr B on 11th November 2019, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Diffs / gearbox / help !! Empty Re: Diffs / gearbox / help !! 11th November 2019, 1:21 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Would getting it on a ramp help mate I know weight of vehicle won’t be on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum