Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

sumo power / time attack

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1sumo power / time attack Empty sumo power / time attack 24th November 2012, 7:51 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

well its amazing who you meet in the car world
i saw some hks gearbox oil up for sale on the gtroc for my new motor at the bargain price of £500 for a 20ltr tub....yes you heard that right and yes it is a bargain lol

anyway had to pick it up today from sheerness in kent only to find that the guy selling it was andy barnes brother of rob barnes who was also there.
for those that dont know these pair, they have built some of the greatest modified cars of all time having previously owned sumo power.....they sold sumo and now run the time attack series and modified live amongst other things including a big hand in speedhunters.com
was always a bit dubious of the people behind time attack but gotta say what a down to earth nice pair of fellas they are.
i was totally unaware they were the ones that started sumo power, was telling me of some of their future plans and they have some amazing ideas and ventures planned
i was lucky enough to have a guided tour round there factory and some of the projects they are into at the moment are beyond belief, he also gave me some very handy advice with my new gtr with regard to handling and loads of other info including race settings etc.

i left there place with bag fulls of stuff including hks goodies for my new car, will be doing a track event with them next year too all free of charge

just goes to show that when you get up in the morning you never know what the day has in store for you, normally its shite so today made a welcome change Cool

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2sumo power / time attack Empty Re: sumo power / time attack 24th November 2012, 9:09 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

good to hear bob, i love it when I can get talking to real petrolheads not boyracers! Mad

still that price for the oil is way too much Shocked the joys of owning a high performance car Very Happy

talking about interesting people, I had a oldish bloke come over early in the year looking for a local campsite with his wife, we got talking and by sheer coincidence he's a co driver for a friend who rallies sunny gti's, so when I took him in the shed to see my 2 pulsars I couldn't get rid of him Razz anyways to cut a long story short hes gonna pop by sometime next year and see the progress (if any) Wink

3sumo power / time attack Empty Re: sumo power / time attack 26th November 2012, 11:49 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah the price of gearbox and diff oils is ludicrous on these cars, evidentally the later evos use the same oil, fooking expensive.
at least buying it in a 20ltr tub saves me a few quid in the longrun as that will do for 2 oil changes, nissan quoted me £840 for a gearbox and diff oil change Shocked x that by 2 and almost £1700 so ive saved myself £1200 by buying that

people dont seem to realise how cheap it is to run a pulsar in comparison to a lot of other performance cars, its quite shocking really the prices of some stuff on anything other than a pulsar

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum