Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carbon Filter

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Carbon Filter Empty Carbon Filter 22nd September 2018, 11:23 am

boyciegtir325

Been reading up on how to remove the Carbon Filter but don't understand any of it ! Can someone please tell me which pipes to blank off and which ones "T" into each other, I think I only need to blank one off.

Also any idea what this wire is for, see picture, could it be anything to do with the Air Conditioning being removed from a long time ago ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Having trouble uploading photos

Carbon Filter Img_2110
Carbon Filter Img_2111
Carbon Filter Img_2112

2Carbon Filter Empty Re: Carbon Filter 22nd September 2018, 11:24 am

boyciegtir325

Carbon Filter Img_2113

3Carbon Filter Empty Re: Carbon Filter 22nd September 2018, 2:51 pm

mike74

mike74

That wire looks like it was part of the AC system. Down the front beside the battery yeah? Do your radiator fans work ok? Sometimes you have to connect those wires together to make them work. Easy test to do, press the AC button in the car, if fans dont work bridge that connector with a bit of wire.
When i removed my carbon canister i redid all the vacuum plumbing at once.
Coming off the black box under the inlet manifold with the three nipples ive got boost gauge on one, FPR off another and the third is blank. If you follow one of the pipes that comes off the canister, it should go down to the right rear of the engine bay along side the fuel pipes. Thats the tank vent. I connected a peice of tubing to that and looped it up and back down under the car, tie wrapping it to the front ARB. Dunno if thats the proper way to do it but its been working fine like that on mine for ages Smile
Also ive plumbed my dump valve off the top of the inlet manifold otherwise the third nipple on that box would be for that.
Clear as mud now?

4Carbon Filter Empty Re: Carbon Filter 22nd September 2018, 3:37 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t5618-carbon-canister-info

5Carbon Filter Empty Re: Carbon Filter 22nd September 2018, 3:58 pm

boyciegtir325

Thanks Mike, yes I'm hoping it is one of the Air Conditioning wires, yes found it beside the battery. So even if the A/C is removed, if I turn the A/C button on the fans should automatically come on, is that right ?

Last edited by boyciegtir325 on 22nd September 2018, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

6Carbon Filter Empty Re: Carbon Filter 22nd September 2018, 4:01 pm

boyciegtir325

cheers Johnny

7Carbon Filter Empty Re: Carbon Filter 22nd September 2018, 7:22 pm

mike74

mike74

My ones do anyway! They work as per normal too but with this additional 'option' of manually turning the fans on

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum