Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AIR FILTER

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AIR FILTER Empty AIR FILTER 10th April 2017, 5:32 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Hello again,

Can anyone recommend the least restrictive air filter with a 4 inch inlet, my HKS mushroom is a 3inch and I'm thinking if I'm going to be removing the MAF, I would like the least restriction possible on the air intake side!

I was thinking about not bothering with any filter as I know that's about the same as the mushroom filter, but I drive it on the road so I'd better not do that really!!

Thanks Chris

2AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 10th April 2017, 6:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Performance High Flow Cone Air Filter (100mm) 4 Inch Neck Diameter BLUE/CHROME http://r.ebay.com/h6V29e

3AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 10th April 2017, 6:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350836799485

4AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 10th April 2017, 6:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Second link ramair one sponge type with 100mm neck Wink

5AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 10th April 2017, 9:13 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Cheers pal! It looks like that first one just a cheapo one! The ram air one looks very unrestrictive though which is good! I don't want a cheap one that turns out rubbish and gets sucked in on itself so hopefully that second one could be a good shout! Smile

6AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 10th April 2017, 9:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No problem fella thought the ram air one looked more the part and less cheap thumbsup

7AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 10th April 2017, 10:17 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Good filter that ramair for the money. I like foam and cones with front face also filter material rather than metal plate etc.
Made in UK too so you be supporting fellow british industry/workers rather than ying yang woo in shenzen china :-)

8AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 11th April 2017, 9:50 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I will get one of those bought then! Like you say, it's also British and that deffo makes a change! Wink

9AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 11th April 2017, 10:05 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

See i do have my uses Laughing

10AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 11th April 2017, 3:27 pm

mike74

mike74

That Ramair one looks like near identical construction to the Pipercross foam filters you get (although at a fraction of the price). I used to have the Pipercross one on my last R and can't really fault it. The only downside is that you've got to clean them more regularly than likes of a K&N filter. If it gets wet too its not ideal as I found out once...cursed ginormous puddles  Sad

11AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 11th April 2017, 4:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Dont you oil them though wich helps repel water and grime ???

12AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 11th April 2017, 6:18 pm

mike74

mike74

Yeah you apply an aerosol based oil but only to the outside. If it gets splashed with water it sops it up in no time

13AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 11th April 2017, 6:23 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Personal choice Not a fan of foam filters they don't last long either

14AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 11th April 2017, 7:06 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

They are washable johnny so outlast paper type ...

15AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 11th April 2017, 7:39 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I seen some expensive ones rot n get sucked in engine. Foam or similar to the hks ones ?

16AIR FILTER Empty Re: AIR FILTER 19th April 2017, 7:52 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

The air filter turned up today, it was tiny and looked like I could have sucked it through myself!! I rung the company who suggested this one instead......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271538316336

They were happy to refund the one I got too, so hopefully this one should be better but I'll know when it turns up!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum