Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paint Code

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paint Code Empty Paint Code 4th June 2018, 9:29 pm

Pulsartim

Pulsartim

Hi All I was wondering if any one knows the paint code of the paint used in the engine bay on a grey Phase 1 GTiR, the engine bay colour is a completely different grey to the exterior of the car from the factory.........God knows why Nissan did that? Anyway I'm trying to stay original as I can to a factory car and as my Pulsar is in the body shop having a bare metal respray and I've hit a bit of a snag. The main paint from the VIN plate code came and was completely the wrong shade of grey so we had to swatch colour match to a bit of trim that was unprepped, but I've know idea what the colour code of the grey in the engine bay is. I've got some pictures off the internet but when zooming in the picture pixerlate's to the point you can't see the colour to match. Any ideas would be greatly received.

2Paint Code Empty Re: Paint Code 4th June 2018, 9:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I was never sure why they did that I guess the chassis was sprayed Inc engine bay then colour added at a later date or something ....

3Paint Code Empty Re: Paint Code 5th June 2018, 4:49 am

splmum

splmum

I always thought the engine bay was the same colour just without the high gloss finish. the wheel arches are the same as well, not high gloss finish.
So it seems strange that they would use two different paints.
I have noticed this difference on a Red R, but thought is was as I said above.
otherwise, can't help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum