Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Front strut brace

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Front strut brace Empty Front strut brace 15th April 2018, 1:48 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Does anybody know if the 200sx front strut brace will fit gtir if not using top mount. Are the turrets the same with?

2Front strut brace Empty Re: Front strut brace 15th April 2018, 2:30 pm

shroom

shroom

I would not have thought they were the same they look different more like a skylines etc

3Front strut brace Empty Re: Front strut brace 15th April 2018, 4:39 pm

astarozna

astarozna

They only look different because gtir has a top mount so the strut goes behind the cooler.

4Front strut brace Empty Re: Front strut brace 15th April 2018, 5:12 pm

shroom

shroom

Yeah I know the actual brace will look different I mean the whole engine bay and strut tops look different to the R and the engines are longitudinal. My cousin had a 2ltr skyline engine in a 200sx hence my opinion on the similarity with them rather than our pulsar. At the end of the day a strut brace is just a bar with mounting points on the strut tops so you can make anything fit

5Front strut brace Empty Re: Front strut brace 15th April 2018, 6:33 pm

astarozna

astarozna

shroom wrote:Yeah I know the actual brace will look different I mean the whole engine bay and strut tops look different to the R and the engines are longitudinal. My cousin had a 2ltr skyline engine in a 200sx hence my opinion on the similarity with them rather than our pulsar. At the end of the day a strut brace is just a bar with mounting points on the strut tops so you can make anything fit
Got ya. That I was asking if the turrets are the same with.
The reason I'm asking is the price difference between the two is ...as usual, triple.
OMP gtir £~130
200sx on a fleebay £~35

6Front strut brace Empty Re: Front strut brace 16th April 2018, 11:16 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

skyline is 2 bolt mounts so totally different,
200sx is 3 bolt and same spacing as gtir so brackets likely fit on turret tops.
If you got one very cheap worth a try as at worst should give enough useful parts chop & weld up a custom one from it.
Worth putting a wanted post up first as someone may have a gtir bar at sensible cost .

7Front strut brace Empty Re: Front strut brace 17th April 2018, 12:15 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Depending on the mounts and your intercooler setup, it might hit the pipe?

8Front strut brace Empty Re: Front strut brace 17th April 2018, 5:50 am

astarozna

astarozna

Thanks Mr B that's the answer i was after. Running a barrel cooler so no interference with the pipes.

9Front strut brace Empty Re: Front strut brace 17th April 2018, 7:27 am

shroom

shroom

astarozna wrote:Thanks Mr B that's the answer i was after. Running a barrel cooler so no interference with the pipes.

Yeah good to know the mounting points are the same give it a go and let us know :-)

10Front strut brace Empty Re: Front strut brace 17th April 2018, 12:14 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

how good the angle/position for cross bar is or how close cross bar length is I don't know but I did have 200sx top hat plates that matched the R 3 bolt pattern . Should be easy fabrication adjustment from one I would think .

11Front strut brace Empty Re: Front strut brace 17th April 2018, 9:37 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I've got engine stabiliser that you're bolting to strut top from some sort of s body (s13 I believe) and it needs redrilling

https://bbmgarage.co.uk/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum