Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help required with some measuring...!

+4
johnny gtir
ducie54
splmum
Garbs
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help required with some measuring...! Empty Help required with some measuring...! 9th January 2018, 10:32 pm

Garbs

In anticipation of Gostek working his magic on my car this year, I’m looking at the possibility of getting an aluminium prop shaft made up over in the States.
One thing they need to know is this:

‘Measure from bolt face of transmission flange to bolt face of differential flange. Factory driveshaft and any couplers must be removed prior to measuring’

So if anyone currently has their car on a ramp with the prop shaft, can you help please? Wink

Michal, I know you said you’d take your prop shaft off but if this can stop that.....

2Help required with some measuring...! Empty Re: Help required with some measuring...! 10th January 2018, 12:30 am

splmum

splmum

Talk to "ducie54" he has one.

3Help required with some measuring...! Empty Re: Help required with some measuring...! 10th January 2018, 1:38 am

ducie54

ducie54

That I do, mazworx only made a few and they were not a Bolt on shaft. I highly doubt you will make enough power to warrant a upgrade.

If so you would fit larger uni joints so then would require larger flanges and need to redrill the stock diff and transfer case flanges for the different offset and larger bolts. Plus I'd recommend a tailshaft loop due to the longer length of the second shaft.

4Help required with some measuring...! Empty Re: Help required with some measuring...! 10th January 2018, 10:49 am

Garbs

ducie54 wrote:That I do, mazworx only made a few and they were not a Bolt on shaft. I highly doubt you will make enough power to warrant a upgrade.

If so you would fit larger uni joints so then would require larger flanges and need to redrill the stock diff and transfer case flanges for the different offset and larger bolts. Plus I'd recommend a tailshaft loop due to the longer length of the second shaft.

Thanks Nigel.
God, this sounds like it won't be worth the time, money and effort if it's not a simple straight swap.
It's not about making enough power to warrant an upgrade, it's just trying to improve on something 25 + years old and weighs fair bit.

5Help required with some measuring...! Empty Re: Help required with some measuring...! 10th January 2018, 10:52 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Lad local to me had a carbon one made and it was always something I was going to look into.

6Help required with some measuring...! Empty Re: Help required with some measuring...! 10th January 2018, 11:07 am

Garbs

johnny gtir wrote:Lad local to me had a carbon one made and it was always something I was going to look into.

Now that would be absolutely brilliant.

7Help required with some measuring...! Empty Re: Help required with some measuring...! 10th January 2018, 2:07 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

What did mazworx make, a single or 2 piece prop .
One of those things potentially best left for need due to power or shaving time fractions for drag racing but other areas like fly, clutch and wheels be easier gains and cheaper first steps in drive mass reduction .
Good see stuff been made though, never seen the mazworx prop ,...

8Help required with some measuring...! Empty Re: Help required with some measuring...! 10th January 2018, 8:35 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

C

Last edited by Cosmic73 on 12th January 2018, 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

9Help required with some measuring...! Empty Re: Help required with some measuring...! 11th January 2018, 1:53 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

Mr B wrote:What did mazworx make, a single or 2 piece prop .
One of those things potentially best left for need due to power or shaving time fractions for drag racing but other areas like fly, clutch and wheels be easier gains and cheaper first steps in drive mass reduction .

They made an aluminum 2 piece shaft, it was a work of art and used standard Spicer 3140 U joints. It was something like $2000 though, I can think of better places to spend my money.

10Help required with some measuring...! Empty Re: Help required with some measuring...! 11th January 2018, 9:01 pm

ducie54

ducie54

Ryaneg6freak wrote:

They made an aluminum 2 piece shaft, it was a work of art and used standard Spicer 3140 U joints. It was something like $2000 though, I can think of better places to spend my money.

Not sure were you you got that price from but I just went back though my PM's and I payed $895+175US postage to Australia

11Help required with some measuring...! Empty Re: Help required with some measuring...! 12th January 2018, 7:37 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ryaneg6freak wrote:

Agreed, for that price much better to spend money else where. Maybe give yours a refresh if required.

12Help required with some measuring...! Empty Re: Help required with some measuring...! 12th January 2018, 7:54 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

ducie54 wrote:
Ryaneg6freak wrote:

Not sure were you you got that price from but I just went back though my PM's and I payed $895+175US postage to Australia

They did a different one for drag racing that can take over 1000HP, it was bloody expensive, probably much different than the more street oriented one you have.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum