Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AVCR problem

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AVCR problem Empty AVCR problem 6th November 2012, 5:58 pm

bolf

bolf

Basically its showing boost even at idle. Its flickering up and down massively like -700 to 2.2 bar every couple of seconds. I've checked the wiring and it seems OK. The car had been off the road for a couple of months, so the battery was flat when I went to start it,but the AVCR isnt supposed to lose its settings is it?

Thanks Gav.

2AVCR problem Empty Re: AVCR problem 6th November 2012, 6:01 pm

Sounds like the boost sensor is having issues,make sure there is no moisture in it and the cable connectIons

3AVCR problem Empty Re: AVCR problem 6th November 2012, 7:06 pm

bolf

bolf

I checked the wires coming off it and they seemed OK, but I will take the cover off it and see what its like inside cheers.

4AVCR problem Empty Re: AVCR problem 7th November 2012, 12:01 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Its late but Split hose or kinked affecting it. Not sure it would on idle. Checked the avcr plug ? Nothing has been touched where its joined in loom ? Did you jump start or charge battery while connected and spiked it just things to work through

5AVCR problem Empty Re: AVCR problem 7th November 2012, 7:44 am

bolf

bolf

I've checked for kinked or split hoses, cant see anything obvious,and I took the battery off and charged it when it was flat.

6AVCR problem Empty Re: AVCR problem 7th November 2012, 10:09 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

i agree with dan on this it sounds like the boost sensor is playing up.
try drying it out with a hair dryer or something

if push comes to shove i think i may have another spare kicking about for the avcr
dont know if this will work but disconnect the boost sensor and see if the reading stabilizes on the avcr

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum