Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illuminated ignition ring

+11
Ryaneg6freak
Mr B
GTIRSI
mike74
typeritr
Daveymeladdy
pulsarmoley
gtir_woody
Stu
splmum
nomad
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Illuminated ignition ring Empty Illuminated ignition ring 26th May 2017, 10:13 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

As per title, I've heard that some cars had an illuminated ignition ring. Is this a myth?

2Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 26th May 2017, 10:20 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No it is true optional extra iirc

3Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 26th May 2017, 11:26 pm

splmum

splmum

If you can't find one use the item from a Nissan Maxima (J30 or A32 - I think these are the right model numbers).

There is a bit of wiring harness at the fuse block that also needs to be got.

4Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 27th May 2017, 9:47 am

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

Nice one, I'll search for the part number, don't suppose you know it ? Very Happy

5Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 27th May 2017, 11:24 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Isn't the primera and skyline one the same. Think the 300zx had them too?

6Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 28th May 2017, 2:31 am

splmum

splmum

Stu wrote:Isn't the primera and skyline one the same. Think the 300zx had them too?
Could be, only know about the Maxima one myself.

7Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 28th May 2017, 8:00 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

There was one on ebay recently, i got outbid but they are another item that goes for quite a bit these days.

8Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 28th May 2017, 11:13 pm

typeritr

typeritr

I think I have one in mine. This is what they look like.

Illuminated ignition ring 6B597E71-8996-40BB-896B-E8A3DD9BA899_zpsptxexcr1

9Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 29th May 2017, 9:21 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I've got one somewhere I'll fit one day lol

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

10Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 29th May 2017, 9:43 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Johnny probably has a box full of them Laughing

11Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 30th May 2017, 5:36 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Sure you can pick these up for a universal fitament. Just google- illuminated ignition ring. Many cars have it.

12Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 31st May 2017, 7:09 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

Is it a standard size then?

13Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 2nd June 2017, 10:19 am

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

I got one! Now just trying to think how the hell I am going to wire it up

14Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 2nd June 2017, 10:34 am

typeritr

typeritr

How many wires is it? When does it light up? When you turn on the ignition or beforehand? If it lights up when you turn on the ignition just put the positive to a remote turn on such as the cig lighter or the remote turn on wire for the stereo.

I have never turned my car on since i bought it so don't know when it lights up

If it lights when you enter the car you can wire it to the dome light or direct to the trigger on the door so when you open the door the switch turns it on.

15Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 2nd June 2017, 10:37 am

mike74

mike74

The one that was in my old R was connected to the interior light circuit. Only reason I know this is that the switch on the door wasn't switching off the circuit properly and the illuminated ring was draining the battery slightly overnight. There might be a spare plug for it under the steering column shrouds if you're lucky. Failing that you'll have to trace the wiring for the door open/interior light circuit somewhere and tee into it

16Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 3rd June 2017, 11:50 am

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

False alarm, the one I got is too big

17Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 4th June 2017, 7:51 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

After the post I just read I have to say this!!!
Everyone loves a illuminated ring if it doesn't fit lube it up n squeeze it in lol!
Sorry for the crudeness guys lol

18Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 4th June 2017, 8:25 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

lol!

19Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 18th November 2017, 10:52 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

I need to get a replacement bulb and a connector for that replacement. I have found one but don't have a connector for it, so will need to get a bulb and connector but it needs to be the right fitting to lock into the illuminated ignition ring. Anyone know what bulb this is and what connector I need for it? Or a suitable replacement bulb and connector?
This is the one I have which fits the ring...
Illuminated ignition ring Img_3810
Illuminated ignition ring Img_3811

Illuminated ignition ring Img_3812
Illuminated ignition ring Img_3813
Illuminated ignition ring Img_3814

20Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 19th November 2017, 2:04 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

does the blue bulb not pull out the holder and it like a mini capless bulb .
I normally pull the jap speciality bulbs/holders/harness parts from spare dash and switch assemblies .

21Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 19th November 2017, 6:44 am

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

I've tried pulling off / out the bulb but it feels like I'm going to pull off the blue dome.it almost seems like it's a sealed unit and it would be replaced as a single item. I've looked at most of the dash light fittings and they are different

22Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 19th November 2017, 9:39 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

LOL, I don't even have the plastic trim piece that goes around the ignition. I need to step it up

23Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 19th November 2017, 10:37 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Only one I can recall is on a skyline and pretty much same/identical bulb latching hole as on your light ring.
Bulb assembly on those compact at bulb and has a small harness tail with plug connector, whether bulb pulled out or not from plastic body I don't know for sure but most but not all dash ones of similar design I encounter did .
I would be heading to local pull-a-parts and investigating all nissans or jap cars for the bulb assembly and part of harness with plug if required for your grafting needs .
would be easy enough buy a plug and make up tail to suit though .
Other option is look on ebay and similar for the nissan ignition barrel light rings and you likely see the bulb part and get some judgement on standard part sharing and fitting chances .

24Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 19th November 2017, 11:48 am

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

I'll have a dig around, it's certainly not a bulb I have come across before. The only reason I have the blue one is that in my quest to obtain a pulsar one, I bought a ring from a different car and it already had the bulb with it.

25Illuminated ignition ring Empty Re: Illuminated ignition ring 19th November 2017, 9:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What car was it from ? I found the altina had a illuminating barrel rung also ... doesn't come up with much else not sure if it's similar to the gtir barrel size either ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum