Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clutch

+2
nomad
johnny gtir
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clutch  Empty Clutch 11th February 2017, 4:53 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

My signal ain't the best someone link me to gos post or help me with info
I ordered cc ( competition clutch) a while ago went to fit it today as been working away and will be again.

I only wanted clutch they could not supply pulsar release bearing (no problem) ordered clutch through my mates company the guy from cc was very helpfull mention the pulsar as he sold a few clutches for them so knew the model I wanted was good choice and would fit. My mate then rang did you want the flywheel combo as the lad at cc says he has the kit. I did not need it but thought well won't do no harm having a full kit spare if it's direct fit go on then.

Clutch fits fly req bolt holes drilled (have I read this by gos or mr b ? ) but never thought until today surly if mr cc was offereing something my mate ( i.e. Me) did not ask for he should of mentioned this as I said yes if it's 100% the right one

2Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 11th February 2017, 5:05 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Part numbers I have are
60442-2600 s3 segment clutch
2-760T-Stu steel flywheel

3Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 11th February 2017, 5:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Wasnt the flywheel thread about using a flywheel from like another sr20det like 200sx but needed the holes redoing ?

4Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 11th February 2017, 5:21 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Not sure that's what I need to check mate. It's not the end of the world just abit pissed I ordered a clutch and cc say yes we can it will fit as I know about pulsar but only thing you need is a pulsar release bearing as they don't offer them blah blah then he is offering something as a kit that is not direct fit and fails to mention it

5Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 11th February 2017, 5:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Seems its a generic flywheel johnny says for the sr20 nissan silvia .... and a few others but no mention of a pulsar mate not that i can find anyway ....

6Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 11th February 2017, 5:45 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Thanks mate

7Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 11th February 2017, 6:27 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

https://www.euro-spec2000.co.uk/product/nissan-200sx-s13-s14-s15-sr20det-competition-clutch-ultra-lightweight-flywheel/

8Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 11th February 2017, 6:28 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Closest match fella for refference Wink

9Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 11th February 2017, 6:45 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Rep your way cheers mate looks like I just need to drop holes couple mm bigger

10Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 11th February 2017, 7:45 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

That sounds about right from previous threads about flywheels ... are you just going to send it back or keep it for another time ? ....  cheers for the rep Wink

11Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 11th February 2017, 10:07 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

No now I think on I should of known just a hot headed fooker and was pissed off lol I will keep it and drill it out mate it's just I wanted to get it done today as working away so be 12 days on 12 hr shifts then only get 2 off but that inc loading van washing 12 previous days washing etc ready to go away again

12Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 12th February 2017, 6:58 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Think was a thread on S13 flywheel (DET) concluding on fact non specific rnn14 flywheels need holes drilled to size.
Is a pain it not mentioned at point of sale.
Also surprises me that in recent times CC never made effort do rnn14 specific kits as hardly difficult or at a minimum supply rnn14 required fly bolt hole details and release bearing part numbers as a fitting help document .

13Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 12th February 2017, 8:29 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I have read that they need done B I think yourself or gostek mentioned it a while ago. I just forgot,think they used to offer the bearing and then said they can no longer source them as I say I ordered through my mates company and gave all details on the clutch and he was at his full time job I was at work and it was just a quick call or txt saying they offered him a flywheel to go with clutch . I was like not really but I suppose it won't do no harm at the price to buy full kit as I know my single hyper carbon (carbon I know) but req to use the clutch and fly as a combo. So I thought at time go on then I can have no fitting issues ha ha

14Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 12th February 2017, 8:51 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Super easy whizz the holes out bigger and only way you get good options of cheap flywheels for R really . No Idea why CC can't get bearing as it made by various brands and reasonably common/cheap ! .
As it no big problem drill fly or get a release bearing you done okay if price was nice . some of the CC stage clutches are a damn good buy, just hope you find time fit it ...

15Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 12th February 2017, 11:07 pm

GTi ARGHH

johnny gtir wrote:My signal ain't the best someone link me to gos post or help me with info
I ordered cc  ( competition clutch) a while ago went to fit it today as been working away and will be again.

I only wanted clutch they could not supply pulsar release bearing (no problem) ordered clutch through my mates company the guy from cc was very helpfull mention the pulsar as he sold a few clutches for them so knew the model I wanted was good choice and would fit. My mate then rang did you want the flywheel combo as the lad at cc says he has the kit. I did not need it but thought well won't do no harm having a full kit spare if it's direct fit  go on then.

Clutch fits fly req bolt holes drilled (have I read this by gos or mr b ? ) but never thought until today surly if mr cc was offereing something my mate ( i.e. Me) did not ask for he should of mentioned this as I said yes if it's 100% the right one

They do the release bearing, its here mate: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Brand+New+Clutch+Release+Bearing-+For+%2754C%27+RNN14+GTiR+Pulsar+SR20DET&_sacat=0

Funny why they said they dont when they clearly do?  EDIT  *Just to add I was pointed to here from cc themselves.*

I got one from them a while ago, it was slightly smaller than stock, could that potentially be causing any problems??

16Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 13th February 2017, 1:15 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Most of the clutches and other bits out there now are geared toward the sr20det engines and not gtir RNN14 specific.

Heres another misrepresented part from the same people
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Kenjustu-Clutch-Crank-Spigot-Bearing-For-RNN14-Pulsar-GTiR-SR20DET-4WD-/131917358466?hash=item1eb6e32582:g:WkQAAOSw9NdXvFEM

Absolute bollox as the pulsar does not use a spigot Rolling Eyes

Its no issue drilling holes out to a larger diameter but from experience with fitting CC they are giving you incorrect parts to fit when ordering these clutches as gtiraagh will varify when we went to fit his.
The sr20det bearing supplied is for a s14-s15 and if you fit that youll have no end of issues with clutch drag etc to the point where you will need to remove the entire thing and fit the correct release bearing which is bad business on their part for giving it to you in the first instance.
its only that i knew already but if you didnt and was doing one for the first time then its a nightmare in the making

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

17Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 13th February 2017, 1:20 pm

mreguest

mreguest

howdo,

eurospec2000 is where i bought mine from CC clutch and flywheel.

flywheel has 10mm bolt holes and they need drilling to 11mm to fit the gtir.

i got the stage 4 clutch and pressure plate but the pressure plate got removed 6 months later because it was too heavy. I've gone for stage 1 pressure plate and kept the clutch plate.

see my thread:
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t6728-lightweight-flywheel-competition-clutch

package looks like this:
Clutch  17309441252_d1762c9b74_cDSC_0210 by edward guest, on Flickr

bearing i used was this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLUE-PRINT-Releaser-for-NISSAN-TERRANO-URVAN-MAXIMA-SUNNY-ALMERA-LTI-TX-ADN13313-/291654415717

Good luck with your tinkering! Smile

18Clutch  Empty Re: Clutch 13th February 2017, 2:31 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

You'll only get the correct release bearing if retailer repackages it as CC themselves never adjusted their det kits to be 54C specific so kits you buy are for likes of s13 .
I got no idea why they don't do proper 54C kit with correct release and drill fly to suit, bloody stupid but as so easy do yourself it no bother for price of clutches.
Think you'll find conceptua tuning in uk do correct release for 54C CC clutch kits they put out .

The stage 4 is indeed heavy, stage 3 is about best or a cross like mrguest done, so you may be best just buy individual parts such as stage 4 friction plate and cover off the stage 3 or down. Release bearing can be had anywhere local or online so no nasty price or drama .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]