Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

cadwell park 11th october trackday

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty cadwell park 11th october trackday 14th September 2012, 4:23 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

just booked this guys Cool

with club msv on 11th october (thursday) open pitlane £129 which is a bargain price
me and clare will be heading up wednesday and stopping overnight

im having all my suspension setup by a pro race firm next week so hopefully will be able to test out my new settings on this day as im far from getting the best from the car at the moment.

will be the last one i do this year before my car undergoes some drastic changes

anyone who wants to join in or come along is more than welcome Very Happy

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 8th October 2012, 5:39 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

well looks like its gonna be a fairly nice day on thursday
quite looking forward to this one as will be my last of the year

are you deffo coming up on wednesday night with your bro johnny?
if so best you book a room lol

3cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 8th October 2012, 8:45 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

yes defo mate left a message tonight about a room if i aint heard back by tomorrow i will ring them again.looking forward to x mas time off etc lots of plans for the cars it feels like after years its starting to come together this year was going to be track time but next year is looking very positive now

4cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 9th October 2012, 7:04 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

do you need a txt tomorrow or was that pm enough to remind you ? Rolling Eyes

5cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 9th October 2012, 7:13 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no thats fine, il load engine on in the morning together with other bits. was gonna do it tonight but would be just my luck the pikeys would come along and swipe the engine so thought best leave it till morning

wht time you getting there johnny?

6cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 9th October 2012, 7:42 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

around half 5 6 i think mate half day from work get sorted pick dave up from where he is working at the moment which is (mackum land) sunderland and head down from there

7cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 12th October 2012, 12:18 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

well another trackday done, probably my last this year as got some major changes going on with car planned over the winter months.

was good to have a few beers and bit of tucker with johnny and his bro the night before.
funny how i never get bored talking about cars, i bore my mates shitless with my constant rabbit about cars down my local boozer lol

anyway back to the trackday Very Happy
despite the probs i have had with the handling issues i managed to do the fastest time ive ever done in any pulsar Shocked
my quickest at cadwell was in my old black one which was almost 1min 52secs, i beat that by 4 secs in my megabusa getting a 1.48 and never got near that time in any pulsar, but yesterday i managed to equal the time in the megabusa with another 1.48 lap and that was on crap road tyres lol so im chuffed to bits with that.

there was hardly any cars there to chase just 11 cars turned up so they must have been running this day at a massive loss.
the only car there that was quick was a vw race prepped golf who was flying round but managed to stay with him in the afternoon and we had a good little tearup, i couldnt overtake hm but he certainly helped me get my fastest time at the circuit, was chatting to the lad afterwards and hes running in 750 hothatch and was well impressed with the pulsar and the fact that he was bored also with so little cars there and was pleased there was someone to have a bit of competition with.

i did almost lose it though chasing him through the wooded section as he was very quick through there, gotta say his car was setup superbly though which really does make a lot of difference.

anyway went home with a big beam on my face and a really good day, even the rain held off all day which was good!

big changes in store next year though im determined to make the pulsar as fast as it can possibly be on a circuit now i seem to have built an engine that will last a while without breaking.

looking forward to next year already and hopefully johnny will have his track car all sorted by then plus there will be a few others too that should be finished so competition will be high for the pulsar track daddy Cool

8cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 12th October 2012, 7:02 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

1000% i will have one of them on track. I have said it for at least two years now but its so close now. Its all about money why i struggle but some decent lads out ther who have helped with lots of advice inc yourself bob thanks Wink my plan is 320 to 350 tops but the best handling and stopping set up i can get.Good to catch up again with you both bob.if nowt else hopefully the wide arches will stop you all passing me lol

9cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 12th October 2012, 8:02 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

cadwell park 11th october trackday Photo-1

[img]cadwell park 11th october trackday Photo2[/img]

10cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 12th October 2012, 8:03 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

just off my phone not the best quality

11cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 13th October 2012, 8:55 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I hope ill get round to getting mine finished off for a trackday next year, fingers crossed Cool

12cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 13th October 2012, 4:13 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

would be good to get a few of us on track together good luck

13cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 13th October 2012, 4:41 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ill be the one at the back Laughing Got to fit oil cooler, exhaust system, front brake kit and the list goes on Rolling Eyes

14cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 13th October 2012, 7:16 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

i have never done any track time.Who cares as long as we have a laugh let the pro's race on just think a gtir us track day is on the cards as the sprint day is to far away for me ?

pulsar bobby
johnny gtir
anth p

drinks on the nyt bit food good banter stick your names down (maybe i should check with the boss)
bob ?

Last edited by johnny gtir on 14th October 2012, 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

15cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 13th October 2012, 9:23 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Sounds good, wont put my name down for anything yet though, need to get a towing vehicle as well so i can trailer it to the track...oh and of course a trailer license Rolling Eyes Laughing

16cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 15th October 2012, 3:43 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

cheers for the pics johnny
yep good idea with gtirus trackday as will be a laugh and no pressure on anyone barring what you can eat and drink in the boozer Laughing

im up for any events as you probably know but il book something next year which gives you all ample time to sort your cars out

17cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 15th October 2012, 5:35 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

glad as your paying lol.I know driver makes the difference and there are diffent ability levels mine of which i will find as closest i have been is passenger seats. i just think a few R,s on track would be good agenst each other bit crack on handling etc in pits

18cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 15th October 2012, 11:03 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I would probably be up for this, i was always abit weary of track days as i didnt want to break it! But now i think f**k it, if its going to break it will do! Smile

Small track prefered as im running an RB box Sad lol

19cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 16th October 2012, 6:44 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Good man gaz just take your time get a feel for the car on track.no need to go nuts just dont push it do a few laps come in bit crack cuppa out again. I am sure between me and bob we can sort a good day.cadwell is a brilliant track in my opinion for the pulsar as it not all high speed conpaired to others i have seen like silverstone or bedford.Its all distance but if we set a mid season date and get good numbers people might make the extra effort to travel etc

20cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 16th October 2012, 9:17 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Sounds good, see how much intrest comes along Smile

21cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 16th October 2012, 10:06 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep as johnny said
cadwells a great track (by far my favourite) they call it the mini nurburgring as its quite technical but when you get it right it really does put a big grin on your face.
also out of all the tracks its the most lapse on noise limits which is a big bonus.

we will deffo sort a big day out for next spring summertime, as its a good track for facilities and spectating too if you dont want to take your car on circuit.
also its pretty central in the country.

22cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 16th October 2012, 5:36 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

dont give them a option bob.the cafe is for between laps we all need are cars fixed sorted and on track

23cadwell park 11th october trackday Empty Re: cadwell park 11th october trackday 17th October 2012, 11:13 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

thatll be 2 meets il pre arrange next year then what with the sprintday also,
should be a very good meet at cadwell especially if the weathers good then we can all get rat assed the night before lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum