Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

crankcase pressurinsing

+2
richpulsar
Alex341
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1crankcase pressurinsing Empty crankcase pressurinsing 20th August 2012, 7:00 pm

Alex341

Right ok I've just been on the phone to someone who knows his potatoes and I'm pretty certain there's nothing wrong with my turbo now. Looks like the turbo is sucking oil out of the engine through the breather that goes into the intake pipe and some oiil is being burnt off but most of it is filling up my inter cooler and spewing out of my bov. Still a little confusing but I kind of understand it. Going to have a quick look see now

2crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 20th August 2012, 7:04 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Lets hope its an easy fix Alex, though I know nothing on these motors is ever easy

3crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 20th August 2012, 8:20 pm

Alex341

I just quickly took the pipe from the throttle body to the Intercooler off and it's full of engine oil so I'm guessing it's being sucked from the breather into the turbo and into the Intercooler? Could something as simple as a duff air filter cause this as the air filter isn't flowing enough on full boost which forces engine oil to be sucked down the crank case breather instead? Or am I just talking shit ? Could just be talking shit but I'll clean all the Intercooler out tomorrow and try running it without the air filter and go from there

4crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 20th August 2012, 8:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Do you have a standard breather system set up?

5crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 20th August 2012, 9:01 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Mine did this at high rpm when it was on the rollers being mapped, Ed at fusion motorsport said its quite common & to put the pipe of the side of the rocker cover to a breathable catch can & blank the hole off on the inlet pipe where it origonaly pipes in to Smile

6crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 20th August 2012, 9:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Surely if its piped through a catch can it wouldnt be able to pass through not unless you was to empty the sump through it.

7crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 20th August 2012, 9:40 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

It dousnt need to pass threw i dont think dous it? as its only oil vapours?

8crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 20th August 2012, 9:42 pm

Alex341

I've just been doing a bit of research on this. I think this is the problem and I caused it:oops:

My pcv vavle was stuck open and causing the car to idle really high so I disconected the Pcv pipe from the throttle bodies and looped no1 to no2 and 3 to 4.The pcv pipe now just breathes to atmosphere. On the otherside of the rocker cover from the T-connector goes into the black can and from the can back into the block. The other pipe (what I though was called crank case breather) goes to the intake.

I was going to blank off the intake pipe and run the breather into a catch can instead along with the pcv breather but haven't done this yet.

9crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 20th August 2012, 9:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Bingo. ....

10crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 21st August 2012, 8:17 pm

Alex341

Well it turns out i didnt really do anything with the breatehrs but i managed to get hold of a compression tester ealier and one of the cylinders is way way down on compression.

11crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 21st August 2012, 8:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats the same as my son in laws glanza throwing oil up as low comp on one piston but hes forging a bottom end so its not to bad. .. Sorry to hear that mate Mad

12crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 21st August 2012, 9:05 pm

Alex341

ive got 3 good pistons from my old engine but am debating on weather to put forged ones in firt as last as I hear this isnt all that uncommon on pulsars? do you know if you can undo the big end cap and slide the rod and piston out the bottom or am I being a bit to optimistic?

13crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 21st August 2012, 9:25 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

thats a real bummer alex after its only covered a couple thousand miles but its luck of the draw i guess as these things can happen at anytime with a s/h engine, its crucial with stock engines that the fuelling is spot on and ny number of things can cause a ringland to crack which is most likely the cause here.

if i were you i would get a set of forge pistons to put in there (yo can get 86mm cp's which would be a straight swap once you have honed the cylinders assuming they are not scored.
youll need to remove the head and sump to get to the big end caps then you can change them with engine in situ, the pistons have to come out the top though, not possible to remove them through the bottom

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

14crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 21st August 2012, 9:54 pm

Alex341

err bummer ill prob save up and do the std size forge pistons then and acl bearing while im there and cosworth head gasket. My mate has a set of std injectors out of his evo he said i can have and that just leaves a z32 and ecu i think £££££££££££££££ But eventually that should be it (fingers crossed)

15crankcase pressurinsing Empty Re: crankcase pressurinsing 21st August 2012, 10:01 pm

toaster55

toaster55

That's a real shitter mate, an there's me whinging about idling problems!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum