Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Talk to me about .64 turbine housings

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Talk to me about .64 turbine housings Empty Talk to me about .64 turbine housings 31st January 2016, 1:33 pm

wrc

wrc

As we know out gtir are standard .86 ar turbine housings, mainly for hp on the top end. Yes.

But I've been looking at a 2871 with a .64 turbine housing which I'm deeply considering buying. The turbo runs the same turbine wheel as a normal gtir/2871 it's just a slightly smaller housing which in turn make boost sooner and gives a larger power curve as the expense of hp right up top.

My question is does anyone have any genuine experience of running a .64 ar turbine on a gtir and how did you find it? I think/hope it would make for an extremely driveable car...

Any advice?

2Talk to me about .64 turbine housings Empty Re: Talk to me about .64 turbine housings 31st January 2016, 2:54 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I've got one + am performance elbow and it starts boosting at around 2-2.5k rpm. Can't rly compare it to same tuby with .86 ar but on standard boost I didn't notice any power loss on top end. I'd personally recommend smaller housing if you'd be using can mainly on road

3Talk to me about .64 turbine housings Empty Re: Talk to me about .64 turbine housings 31st January 2016, 3:05 pm

wrc

wrc

That's exactly what I wanted to hear mate thankyou. Are you on a 2871?

I am convinced the .64 will make for a better road drive.

4Talk to me about .64 turbine housings Empty Re: Talk to me about .64 turbine housings 31st January 2016, 3:23 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Yes mate I've got gt2871r ball bearing etc... With am performance elbow on .8 bar of boost it's making 280hp but pick up much quicker

5Talk to me about .64 turbine housings Empty Re: Talk to me about .64 turbine housings 31st January 2016, 4:07 pm

wrc

wrc

That is superb mate thankyou, you've given me the confidence to go for it Smile

6Talk to me about .64 turbine housings Empty Re: Talk to me about .64 turbine housings 31st January 2016, 11:03 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I once heard or read nissan used the .86 on the pulsar to help the gear box due to the way it spools. Now don't Belive everything you read or hear but just throwing it out there. I loved my 2860ts unreal spool no lag with 3inch Elbow and downpipe and made 320 bhp and similar lb of torque flat out but the way it spooled I blame for stripping or accelerating the damage to my box

7Talk to me about .64 turbine housings Empty Re: Talk to me about .64 turbine housings 1st February 2016, 6:51 pm

wrc

wrc

Would you not go for .64 again then Johnny?

Did the car drive well though? As a road car....

Would you go .64 again if you knew gearbox wasn't an issue?

8Talk to me about .64 turbine housings Empty Re: Talk to me about .64 turbine housings 1st February 2016, 6:58 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I've got mine 2 years driving daily and no issues... yet lol

9Talk to me about .64 turbine housings Empty Re: Talk to me about .64 turbine housings 1st February 2016, 9:09 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

wrc wrote:Would you not go for .64 again then Johnny?

Did the car drive well though? As a road car....

Would you go .64 again if you knew gearbox wasn't an issue?
I most certainly would the thing drove fine from normal to spirited driving absolutely loved it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum