Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

very very handy bit of kit

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1very very handy bit of kit Empty very very handy bit of kit 25th November 2015, 9:11 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Mivyvac

just bought one of these today as my old one which I had for years had seen better days and fell apart.

Ideal for turbo'd cars for checking vacuum leaks as well as testing out brake servos, egr valves basically anything that relies on either + or - pressure, fantastic bit of diagnostic kit which you can also use to bleed brakes easily by yourself and can also check for boost leaks as will pressure system up to 4 bar (around 2 bar on the cheaper models)

I bought the sykes and pikavant top of the range one which was basically the same as the one I bought around 20 years ago but all updated with more bits in the box lol

Well worth the money or for those that only want something to use now and again (and only want the vacuum test not + pressure) they have similar sort of things on ebay for around £15
cheap as chips

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230667727227?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2very very handy bit of kit Empty Re: very very handy bit of kit 25th November 2015, 9:30 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Looks a good bit of kit .... do you run it off a compressor ... just didnt see how you create the vacum ????

3very very handy bit of kit Empty Re: very very handy bit of kit 25th November 2015, 9:56 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

No it has a reverse seal built into the hand pump so when you connect it and pump the handle it will suck as oppose to blow lol
if you have a leak say on a brake servo it will not build up the required vacuum due to maybe a split diaphragm and so forth.
If say for example your bleeding brakes then the whole braking system is a sealed system so if you connect it to a brake caliper and pump it then it will draw fluid through as opposed to you pushing it through via the brake pedal. A much more efficient way of bleeding any system as you are not creating any possibility of air as your drawing it under - vacuum

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

4very very handy bit of kit Empty Re: very very handy bit of kit 25th November 2015, 9:56 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

It has a little hand pump which creates a vacuum or you swap something to make it pressurise if im not mistaken

EDIT: Bob beat me

Did you use this on that Jag bob?

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

5very very handy bit of kit Empty Re: very very handy bit of kit 25th November 2015, 9:58 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That would be really handy for brakes

6very very handy bit of kit Empty Re: very very handy bit of kit 26th November 2015, 11:37 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

pulsarmoley wrote:It has a little hand pump which creates a vacuum or you swap something to make it pressurise if im not mistaken

EDIT: Bob beat me

Did you use this on that Jag bob?

No as not got it yet and my ones busted after years of abuse

Told him its either vacuum pump or servo but both are fookin expensive to buy so cant afford to hit n miss with the diagnosis, so hes bringing it back once the new pump arrives then can do some proper checks on it.

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

7very very handy bit of kit Empty Re: very very handy bit of kit 27th November 2015, 11:10 am

Animaldaz

I use one of these regularly, very useful indeed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum