Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

green stuff rear pads

+3
Gtirchris
nomad
mc_hawkings24
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1green stuff rear pads Empty green stuff rear pads 2nd November 2015, 12:13 am

mc_hawkings24

I have yellow stuff front pads but are green stuff rear pads better than standard? Saids there good for 200hp but i've seen people use yellows on front and greens on the rear before hmmm thoughts?

2green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 2nd November 2015, 8:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its a hard call as really they are only a little step up from oem pads .... so in my view i would go yellow all round ... just my opinion ...

3green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 2nd November 2015, 8:18 pm

Gtirchris

Or if you want better than ebc, get mintex 1144's, awesome pads for the cost, mainly for road use though as they don't cope with track use well, I fitted them on my sisters Silvia in place of yellow stuff and the difference was night and day mate.

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

4green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 4th November 2015, 1:01 pm

mc_hawkings24

I've tried looking for mintex 1144 but at the mo i can't find any.

5green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 4th November 2015, 1:09 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I have yellow all round and they are shit until up to temperature!
Its like braking on ice. Scary when you have to pull up sharp when they are still cold!
They are brilliant when hot tho.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

6green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 4th November 2015, 5:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not much different from hot or cold on standard brakes then stu Laughing

7green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 4th November 2015, 5:57 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

To be honest they are worse than standard when they are cold mate lol

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

8green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 4th November 2015, 6:46 pm

Supernova

Yeah I'll second that I had yellow stuff all around and couldn't wait to get rid of them.

9green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 4th November 2015, 9:56 pm

Gtirchris

The mintex work from cold, so no worries there, try Demon Tweeks or if you have no joy pm me and I'll ask our supplier that we use at work mate

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

10green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 5th November 2015, 7:53 pm

mc_hawkings24

I have fto twin pots upfront and before the yellows i was being cheap and bought standard ebc pads and after a couple of stamps they didn't work. I bought yellows after that and they were alot better but very dusty.

11green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 5th November 2015, 8:16 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

M1144 also quite dusty & can squeal a bit but performance & value for road pad .

12green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 6th November 2015, 5:41 pm

Supernova

It always amazed me why Nissan decided to use basically the same brake setup as on a MK2 golf 16v but yet decided to heap a load more power on top.

Most Golf owners uprate their brakes to G60 items which use twinpot calipers and 280mm disks that only after fitting an ABF with a massive 150 bhp.

13green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 7th November 2015, 6:19 pm

mc_hawkings24

Done the same with my last mk2 but used mk3 16v single pot calipers.

14green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 7th November 2015, 6:49 pm

Supernova

mc_hawkings24 wrote:Done the same with my last mk2 but used mk3 16v single pot calipers.

I ended up using a set from the vr6 which is basically the same setup. G60 calipers are harder to come by these days.

15green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 7th November 2015, 7:23 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I had mintex 1144 on my sunny gti that I took round the ring .
Fantastic pads and never got any fade even after 3 nearly continuous laps of the ring .
About 10 mins in between laps

16green stuff rear pads Empty Re: green stuff rear pads 14th November 2015, 12:01 pm

mc_hawkings24

Will have a look for a full set. Need something good for trip to nurburg ring next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum