Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

i know nothings cheap

+4
GTI-R US
Kate&tim
nomad
johnny gtir
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1i know nothings cheap Empty i know nothings cheap 9th July 2012, 8:08 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

as in title but £430 for a RR session but i explained it should only need tweaked minor adjustments if any ?

2i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 9th July 2012, 8:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Wheres that at johnny? Does sound a tad expensive Shocked

3i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 9th July 2012, 9:05 pm

Kate&tim

Kate&tim

Sounds expensive!

4i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 9th July 2012, 9:27 pm

Kate&tim

Kate&tim

I think we paid around 480 for nistune fitted and full map , our evo was 450 for a full map and normally around 150-175 for tweeks ( approx 1 hour )

5i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 10th July 2012, 12:36 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah wheres that?
thats ridiculous for what will be no more than an hour on rollers assuming theres no probs

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 11th July 2012, 7:59 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Missing in action i reckon he has sold hes arse on ebay to pay for it lol

7i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 11th July 2012, 11:44 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

too late ive already bought johnnys arse lol

8i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 11th July 2012, 6:59 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

trl halifax thought i might try them after a good report.Edd is a long travel for me and i know people are busy but as he is a active forum member i pm'ed him waited two weeks no reply posted he said his bad please resend so i did still nothing.only other place closest of all to me is motorscope northallerton who i would recomend all day long for autocross rally boys inc carbs etc mainly na well even turbo.Just not sure as they have not done jap very long and heard a few bad reports Jap only bad mind

9i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 12th July 2012, 11:33 am

skiddusmarkus

skiddusmarkus

What were they going to do for that price?

10i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 12th July 2012, 9:03 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

i rang them and said they had been recomended was after my car put on the rollers not expecting anymore power due to the size of turbo. it has z32 power fc sard 700cc injectors. my words were it has had a new 3"system but apart from that has a good map on it really just wanting fueling checked before my track day he said no problem it would be £430 i said it should only need minor adjustment how much ? he said yes you said

11i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 12th July 2012, 9:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol johnny i reckon he 2
Was trying to mug you off big time that is defo a piss take to check the fuelling i reckon nasa would do it cheaper Laughing

12i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 13th July 2012, 5:04 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Bloody hell for that price you could drive to eds, over night.stay in a fancy hotel, wine and dine the other half and stil have spare change

13i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 13th July 2012, 5:43 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

nearly all the above mate my other half well i have two both other pulsars. lol i got warned more than once to spend some time and effort on my ex by her i ignored that in favour of my cars after nearly 10 year back to the single life same as my cars why have one when you can have many

i have mailed edd twice now after he told me to he has never replied so i will mainly as after the track day am changing the set up again so its a safty measure really

14i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 14th July 2012, 10:40 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

wow that is expensive for a map tweak
very good mapper is matt but not for that kinda money

15i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 14th July 2012, 1:03 pm

12inchFloppy

12inchFloppy

I would phone Ed its not hard to spend a few minutes and give him a call, he is very busy and its easy to forget to reply to emails

https://gti-r-us.forumotion.co.uk

16i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 14th July 2012, 2:52 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

12inchFloppy wrote:I would phone Ed its not hard to spend a few minutes and give him a call, he is very busy and its easy to forget to reply to emails
possibly but when he is the one telling you to send it.Maybe its just me but in my job you fuck up or dont make the effort you loose the work and maybe its different but i doubt it as everything has slowed down inc the pulsar scene you would think jobs are cash and someone willing to spend there money and travel 6 hours is worth making the effort for.Just tried to ring TRL but matt was out again just want to see his plans for my car and how he gets to the quote this other lad has givin me ie if there is a problem and we haveto abort runs is it still top price etc.Normally this is not me i pay then ask but places are getting away with allsorts

17i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 18th July 2012, 5:10 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

i suppose if your good and know what your doing been questioned is insulting i spoke to matt just asking if for example there was a problem surly it would not be £400 + he said probably not he would charge for a dyno run not much info was given to me so hopefully my car will be 100% come first week in august.Works out about the same as a trip to ed so watch this space august

18i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 19th July 2012, 12:31 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

At least you got the job priced up before you had the work done !

Could you imagine the war of words you would have had if you'd turned up, had the RR and then got that bill !

scratch

19i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 19th July 2012, 6:00 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yes i just wish it was my new set up as it will take a totally new map for that.maybe that is a grand lol.when he first said it i though he missheard and was quoting to supply fit and map a power fc inc hand commander ha. There still might be any issues and he tries to still charge that i will be locked up for assault

20i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 19th July 2012, 10:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sad thing is johnny you can practicly buy another r for that money lol do the dyno then jump in the freshly mapped r and put ur foot down..... And dont stop lmao

21i know nothings cheap Empty Re: i know nothings cheap 19th July 2012, 10:36 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Ha i was thinkin a couple of remaps and i could have a new forge lump.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum