Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keep or sell

+2
nomad
Ajay.
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Keep or sell Empty Keep or sell 5th July 2012, 5:05 pm

Ajay.

After owning 4 previous pulsars I'm on my 5th one,for some reason every other day I'm so tempted to sell it due to insurance fuel and running cost and feel to buy somefink abit newer and sensible,although this is the cleanest R  iv had out the previous ones it still holds me back and tells me not to sell it,anyone know if I can get classic car insurance it's on a 93 L reg my policy runs out Ina month or so.

Cheers.

2Keep or sell Empty Re: Keep or sell 5th July 2012, 5:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

If its clean mate keep it. classic on a 93? i think ive seen a few posts on classic insurance i might be wrong but i recall footman james mentioned.

3Keep or sell Empty Re: Keep or sell 5th July 2012, 5:22 pm

Ajay.

Yeah I heard about them not sure if they will cover a 93 In classic might give them a try,think its just one of those days where as iv had enuff of these cars but i know il regret selling it after,worst case scenario it will probaly be stored away in a garage until I get the urge again which won't be long lol

4Keep or sell Empty Re: Keep or sell 5th July 2012, 7:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Dont do it mate must be a few year back since i came down for the turini bumper. Still got it sprayed white. Textured black parts looks mint but has not been on my car yet.we all go through stages. A lad next door had a evo 8 simple exhaust and remap seen 400 no where near as much fun to drive as the R but new and parts were plenty made me get the slightest doubts really glad i stuck with it. Owning 5 must tell you something and i dont mean you have had your day with them. I mean you will end up regretting it KEEP IT

5Keep or sell Empty Re: Keep or sell 5th July 2012, 8:07 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Im with footman james on classic & paying £210 fully comp, Im 28 with 6 years no claims! But my R is a 1990 on a H plate. I know the car has to be 20 years old or more for classic insurance! Hang on to it mate you will regret selling it once its gone Wink

6Keep or sell Empty Re: Keep or sell 5th July 2012, 8:10 pm

Ajay.

Turini bumper I remember mate that was a good solid bumper that,I got my first R when I was 20 regret selling that one and then came along the rest of them within the years but then I finally got my hands on a good running clean motor From bob at Gtirus Which is the current one I have now so I hope I never do come to that decision in selling cos I know il be kicking myself big time!

7Keep or sell Empty Re: Keep or sell 6th July 2012, 10:16 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

if you can afford it then keep it aj Wink
youll be hard pushed to find another as clean as that car....and since you bought it off me you have made it a much better car both bodily and mechanically with the way youve looked after it

plus on the other side of the coin, there not worth jack shite at the mo if you flog it on

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Keep or sell Empty Re: Keep or sell 6th July 2012, 2:02 pm

Ajay.

Yeah your right there bob, its always been used as my daily that's why I was spending so much in running it,but now il be getting my self a little diesel god knows what and keep the R for the weekends,but gotta say the R has defeated me for good and will be staying Wink

9Keep or sell Empty Re: Keep or sell 6th July 2012, 5:25 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

sunny

10Keep or sell Empty Re: Keep or sell 7th July 2012, 5:50 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Sounds like you've made your mind up.
A diesel for every day driving is a good choice and you will soon decide to fuck it off and go back to the gtir every day! Laughing
Insurance, tax, mot and running costs on a second car will probs be the same cost as jurst fueling the ftir for the year!
You still have to insure the gtir, tax and mot it.
The only reason I'm on my 5th gtir is because I put it as a second car, it was always the first thing to go when money was tight or something was needed for the house Laughing

I'm at the stage where I wish I hadn't sold my last R and bought a project. If I had kept my last one I could be driving a gtir now. Sad
Instead I have a 95% finished project and no heart to finish it Sad

I would say, don't sell it and don't buy a second car! Do some over time or get a second job lol
Stop moaning and enjoy the fucking thing while you can Laughing

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum