Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manual boost controller

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Manual boost controller Empty Manual boost controller 9th October 2013, 1:17 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

After reading what a few people have said in recent posts regarding the manual boost controllers I have realised that my car is fitted with a bleed valve and I'm thinking of swapping it for a Dawes device type instead.

I have noticed a few on eBay ranging from £15 - £30 so I think I might get one. I'm just wondering how I go about setting one up, obviously I will have to keep adjusting it and taking it for test runs until I achieve the desired boost level but I don't want to go damaging anything by accidentally running to much boost. Do I just turn the manual boost controller all the way down and the slowly increase the boost and keep taking the car for a test run?

Or should I just buy an electric boost controller? I'm not to bothered about being able to adjust the boost from in the car I just want the best way to get the boost set were I want it.

2Manual boost controller Empty Re: Manual boost controller 9th October 2013, 6:28 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I would say depends on how much you wanna spend. If you go for a dawes device, think you wanna wind it out then slowly adjust it in to increase boost. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

3Manual boost controller Empty Re: Manual boost controller 9th October 2013, 6:33 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Bin the bleed valve, easiest way to over boost Evil or Very Mad

Electronic boost controller will be best option yes.

But if you go for a daws device which are a proven good bit of kit. Then yes turn it right down & keep adjusting a quarter of a turn at a time until you reach desired boost! So if your going from standard boost to 1bar then it shouldn't realy take a lot of adjustment! Wink 

4Manual boost controller Empty Re: Manual boost controller 9th October 2013, 6:36 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

pulsarmoley wrote:I would say depends on how much you wanna spend. If you go for a dawes device, think you wanna wind it out then slowly adjust it in to increase boost. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
WOW WOW WOW..... Laughing  Other way round Moley lol, all the way inn then adjust out to increase boost! Laughing

Edit: Just thought Moley may be right as these are spring operated rather than bleed off to atmhosphere, So to achive more boost you may have to wind it inn, Im unsure tho so do abit of research & find out... As you don't want to wind it all the way out & hit 3bar of boost Laughing  Although that would be fun..... ONCE Wink 

5Manual boost controller Empty Re: Manual boost controller 9th October 2013, 1:23 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I actually have an HKS EVC in my car, I'm not sure which one it is, it's the small realy basic one. It's wired up but not connected to any of the boost pipes.
It was in the car when I bought it ad it would not turn on, I took it out and fiddled with the wires in the back and it worked but I have noticed that when I drive it sometimes goes on and off so must have a loose connection or something so I don't trust it. Plus knowing some of my mates they are the kind of idiots that would turn the boost up when im not looking for a laugh but I wouldnt find it so funny lol

I think I will buy a Dawes device if they are safe and stable, that way I can set it at 1 bar or a little less and just leave it that way.

I wouldn't mind something like the apexi avcr jobys but they are a little pricey lol

6Manual boost controller Empty Re: Manual boost controller 9th October 2013, 3:45 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Avcrs are pricey but for a reason because they are good Smile

7Manual boost controller Empty Re: Manual boost controller 9th October 2013, 5:01 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Gaz GTiR wrote:
pulsarmoley wrote:I would say depends on how much you wanna spend. If you go for a dawes device, think you wanna wind it out then slowly adjust it in to increase boost. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
WOW WOW WOW..... Laughing  Other way round Moley lol, all the way inn then adjust out to increase boost! Laughing

Edit: Just thought Moley may be right as these are spring operated rather than bleed off to atmhosphere, So to achive more boost you may have to wind it inn, Im unsure tho so do abit of research & find out... As you don't want to wind it all the way out & hit 3bar of boost Laughing  Although that would be fun..... ONCE Wink 
I'm not sure either but I thought by having it wound out there is minimal spring tension acting on the ball so little boost hence winding it in? We need a confirmation on who's right here Gaz.

8Manual boost controller Empty Re: Manual boost controller 9th October 2013, 8:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

To up the boost on a dawes device .....losen the locking nut and wind clockwise ....wich is screwing it further into the the fitting ....straight from 3barracing (formerly dawes device )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum