Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Vs South Rolling road day

+9
pulsarmoley
GTI-R US
shroom
johnny gtir
pulsar23
Stu
Gostek
gtir.rich
GTIRSI
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1North Vs South Rolling road day Empty North Vs South Rolling road day 23rd August 2015, 3:18 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I'm looking at organising a rolling road day for the club. I'm hoping to have a Midlands venue ORP motorsport & Torque of the South, from what I'm told we can do a video link up between the premises and do power & quater mile shoot outs so would be a interesting day out for everyone!!!

I guess we don't have to limit this to just pulsars so if you want to run anything else it will be ok.

If you are interested just put a name & make-model of car & if you want to be at North or South that would give us some sort of idea of numbers then we will arrange possible dates

Thanks Si

2North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 23rd August 2015, 3:28 pm

gtir.rich

gtir.rich

Sounds like an event I will play si. Hope to hear a bit more on it.

3North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 23rd August 2015, 3:40 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I'd be up for this and I'll have word with Darren (white gtir) and Darran (black scooby)

https://bbmgarage.co.uk/

4North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 23rd August 2015, 3:41 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Im only a maybe at the moment. Depends when it is.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

5North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 23rd August 2015, 6:08 pm

pulsar23

Yes for me

6North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 23rd August 2015, 8:13 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I may run a car or 2

7North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 28th August 2015, 10:54 am

shroom

shroom

Would be up for this, will run a Pulsar Smile

8North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 28th August 2015, 11:52 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Sorry guys only just saw this last night

Yes we will shortly have cameras in dyno cell and be able to link with other dyno places as ive already spoke to Steve Pedley about this and also getting Matt at Trl to get video link installed as will be fun and make it a competition where both teams can pick opponents from the other team, the idea is for both teams to have similar powered cars its pointless if one team has big powered cars and other team doesn't
So was thinking of say 2 teams of 15 people
this is something you could even have a wager on if you wanted in terms of power achieved or on a 1/4 mile shootout competition

We are very busy with the Dyno at the moment and with other work but can be done at an agreed date either toward end of October or from then onwards, even next year if it suits people so will leave to Si to sort out and agree a date which can be put forward to both myself and Steve Pedley in Brum
But will need at least 10 participants from each team in order to run this

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

9North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 28th August 2015, 10:00 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I would attend the south and put the insanely powerful Lexus on the rollers

10North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 29th August 2015, 6:40 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What you mean the R won't be ready in time pull your finger out Pete lol

11North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 29th August 2015, 8:54 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Not this year it wont

12North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 30th August 2015, 1:37 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Can probably take a car or 2 as I fancy putting the Mazda 3 MPS on the rollers too so I can see what we get out of that (it's slightly modded!) as well as the pulsar.
It's obviously date dependent but without been a spoil sport, if it's at TRL I won't be going. Wink

13North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 30th August 2015, 4:29 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

mightydquinn wrote:Can probably take a car or 2 as I fancy putting the Mazda 3 MPS on the rollers too so I can see what we get out of that (it's slightly modded!) as well as the pulsar.
It's obviously date dependent but without been a spoil sport, if it's at TRL I won't be going. Wink

Whys that Chris, bad experience with them?

14North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 30th August 2015, 10:41 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I try not to slag people off, particularly online, I just never go back. But here you go then!....... yes, in short, they did nothing with my car, charged more than they said and was not the best really, that was a while ago. Then more recently, again in short, did a really crap simple service job on both my mates evos, came back leaking oil out of diff filler plugs, gearbox filler plugs etc, and then to top it off, they were supposed to have changed the plugs and didn't, a plug melted on one of the evos 20 mile into our Nurburgring trip and melted a valve, trip ruined for him. TRL were good in the fact they actually sorted the problem by getting their main mechanic on the job and didn't charge a penny for the strip and rebuild. But my mates weren't impressed with all the long tales, excuses etc etc and that time it took them to sort it, so they poached his best mechanic so as well as selling cars now they also fix them. A bit harsh robbing his best mechanic but the lad had said and told a few horror stories and why he wanted to leave.
I would have never gone back with just the top sentence, but have even less want to go give the company any money for anything, even just a simple rolling road day after the bad service they provide, and keep providing!! Sorry!

15North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 31st August 2015, 10:01 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ok thats a good reason, people need to know things about comapanies and we all make mistakes but its how they are dealt with. Personally i wouldnt use them if i was local after watching what happened with that guys evo 10 on the lancer registration the other year.

16North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 31st August 2015, 10:19 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yes i remember the thread well ....ive had no experiance with them so cant comment on them but have heard quite a few stories of unhappy customers ...

17North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 1st September 2015, 6:51 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I've heard lots too from other people with it only been half hour down the road from me! I won't go there though!! It's not good but they must do some stuff right as they're still going after all these years!! Lol!

18North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 1st September 2015, 7:58 pm

shroom

shroom

mightydquinn wrote:Can probably take a car or 2 as I fancy putting the Mazda 3 MPS on the rollers too so I can see what we get out of that (it's slightly modded!) as well as the pulsar.

Am I missing something or didn't he say ORP motorsport not TRL? not really sure who TRL are or what everyone is going on about?

19North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 1st September 2015, 8:12 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Laughing trl is a company called the racing line (Halifax based I think) read bobs second post he mentions TRL

20North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 1st September 2015, 8:40 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Cheers Johnny! Yep, ur right, The Racing Line which is in Halifax! He's known Bob a lot of years just through business though, he gets a lot of second hand bits from Bob for Pulsars when he needs them! It's a small world, everyone knows the same people! Lol! Smile

21North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 1st September 2015, 9:38 pm

shroom

shroom

Ah the racing line I get you know! I hate abreviations and acronyms (also their spelling lol) its too american!

22North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 1st September 2015, 11:56 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Wow! didn't know that Chris and can understand your reluctance not to go there having heard what you've just said.

For everyone's information though it's not going to be at trl, it's at Steve peddleys place near Birmingham for the northern lads, spoke to Steve a few times on the phone and he seems like a very descent sort of chap and his Dyno is relatively new as his arrived around same time as ours so should be very accurate with results

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

23North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 2nd September 2015, 12:16 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Lol, it's alright Bob, you know me, like I said earlier, I don't put much like that on the forums! I'm glad it's not going to be there anyway! Smile

Did you say Birmingham for the 'Northern' lads!? 2 hours down south!! Lol! Sounds like a good place though if it's pretty new gear and I guess it will be closer for most northerners that can probably go! Smile

24North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 3rd September 2015, 4:14 pm

Well si I'll either be in the pulsar (if it's fixed) or the mustang so either way I should be coming and naturally I'll be going to Steves place as it's only up the road for us Smile

25North Vs South Rolling road day Empty Re: North Vs South Rolling road day 3rd September 2015, 4:53 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'll be up for this!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum