Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT

+3
Mr B
nomad
mightydquinn
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 28th July 2015, 9:40 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Hello,
I'm thinking of running this on the pulsar as on the really really hot days on track, I'm struggling to keep me coolant temperatures down. I have the twin core rad, and the overdrive pulley for my water pump. Also have oil cooler etc etc.
Now on the road, no matter how hot it is outside I'm all on keeping the car warm enough, the temperature never even gets to half! But on track when we're all getting sunburnt because it's that warm, 15 minutes and the coolant temp starts rising towards the top.

The question I have if anyone knows is, does this waterless coolant actually help keep the coolant temps down and therefore the engine temps down, or just simply allow it to run hotter before it boils. I don't want my car running hot just with coolant that doesn't boil, I want to keep the temps down.

And then one more question, is there a Nismo thermostat or anything that allows more coolant to flow through easier??

Cheers Chris.

2EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 28th July 2015, 9:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/nismo-coolant-thermostat-low-temp-nismo-21200rs520-nissan-180sx-rps13-200sx-s14-s15-pulsar-rnn14-gtir-silvia-ps13-sr20de-sr20det-p-47.html http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/nismo-coolant-thermostat-low-temp-nismo-21200rs520-nissan-180sx-rps13-200sx-s14-s15-pulsar-rnn14-gtir-silvia-ps13-sr20de-sr20det-p-47.html http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/nismo-coolant-thermostat-low-temp-nismo-21200rs520-nissan-180sx-rps13-200sx-s14-s15-pulsar-rnn14-gtir-silvia-ps13-sr20de-sr20det-p-47.html

3EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 28th July 2015, 9:58 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not sure why it come up as 3 links scratch couldnt find a uk link but il keep searching ...

4EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 28th July 2015, 10:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mishimoto-Cool-Running-Thermostat-68-C-Nissan-Sunny-Pulsar-GTiR-1990-1995-/331201250810?nav=SEARCH

5EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 28th July 2015, 10:08 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Cool, cheers pal! Any idea if it's supposed to help keep it cooler when in the higher temps? Or does it just open earlier than the standard one so it would take longer to warm the car up??

6EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 28th July 2015, 10:10 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Mainly has a very wide temp range, using distilled water & antifreeze mixed to a low percent as the antifreeze does not work as well as water at cooling should be good enough.
Ideally those oversize waterpump pulleys need pairing to a undersize crank pulley to cure cavitation as not enough room to fit big enough waterpump pulley to make great difference.
Nismo do a low temp thermostat at about 15deg lower opening than standard which 75-76degC
I think you want check your rad for condition & water flow & also airflow as those 2 core rad quite good when all healthy. Have a healthy gauge so readings precise too .

7EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 28th July 2015, 10:22 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Thanks, a couple of good ideas there pal! Smile I know what you mean about not much room for a bigger pulley!
I'm guessing the Nismo one will help keep it cooler to start with them which may help me get a little bit more time out of it before it starts getting warm!
I shall check the rad and the flow just to make sure, I'll run it up to temp and keep putting the laser thermometer all over the rad to make sure it's all working nice and even with no blockages! The the next thing I'm thinking if all seems ok, is ducts from the brake ducts in the bumper to guide fresh cooler air around the FMIC (which is already working hard) straight to the front of the rad! Smile
Cheers!

8EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 28th July 2015, 10:38 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Only nismo low temps thermostats i can find open at 62c ????

9EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 28th July 2015, 10:44 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

check fins on the rad too as if they eroded in patches they drastically reduce efficiency, also possible you front mount reducing flow & also preheating what air then goes through the rad much like you pointing at ...

10EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 28th July 2015, 10:46 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

nomad wrote:Only nismo low temps thermostats i can find open at 62c ????

sounds about right, I was thinking 60-61degC (15deg lower than standard) , how much are they lol :-)

11EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 28th July 2015, 10:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sorry i misunderstood you .... i thought you meant they opened at 15deg loopy not to badly priced i think at £34
http://www.nengun.com/nismo/low-temp-thermostat

12EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 28th July 2015, 11:02 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

that much cheaper than I expected for nismo .

13EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 29th July 2015, 9:18 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I've had a check and the rads seeming good, also have got a couple of pipes to redirect air, and bought a washer bottle with pump so I can make myself a spray bar for the FMIC! Smile
I'll get the mishimoto stat I reckon, a bit dearer but should come quicker, the Nismo one says it will be sent out on delivery approx 28 days after payment, that's ages!

Do you know how many litres of coolant a dry system will take? The Evans stuff is either 5, 7, or 10 litres to buy as bundles!

14EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 29th July 2015, 9:23 pm

shroom

shroom

I am sure Ed used something on wheeler dealers that was waterless coolant to keep temps down on one of the cars they had in. Cant remember the episode but it helped with that application!

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

15EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 29th July 2015, 9:36 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

He did, it was a classic car, he was impressed with it! I've done lots of research and watched many videos, it says it doesn't actually keep the car any cooler, but if it was to run hotter, it won't cause damage like standard coolant would to the engine!
I'll just buy the Evans coolant, the thermostat, and sort out redirecting air flow to get extra for my rad as well as a spray bar made for my FMIC, and all been well.... Problem for those silly hot days..... Fixed! Laughing

16EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 30th July 2015, 12:05 pm

Also paint the intercooler black !!! Seen it on mighty car mods lol I'm being serious btw they saw charge temps drop by a sufficient amount to make it viable Smile

17EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 30th July 2015, 12:19 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lmao really pete i saw it on the forum before ... if that was so true then why isnt everything painted black in the engine bay loopy

18EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 30th July 2015, 2:27 pm

Shush ya mush Lieghton !!! Lol I love them Aussie twats and take their word as gospel lol

19EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 30th July 2015, 2:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Watch out for the flying boomerangs once woody see's that comment yoursofunny

20EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 30th July 2015, 4:05 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2008/01/redline-waterwetter%C2%AE-review/
I tried Redline water wetter in my R once but couldnt see any real improvements.

21EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 30th July 2015, 5:50 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

I'm sure this has a higher boiling point which means you won't get air bubbles at high temps like water. If you get air bubbles then water won't be making contact to all of the engine to keep it cool so the water wetter won't bubble and will be in contact with the engine all the time.

Hope this makes sense as for some weird reason I found it hard to explain that lol

22EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 30th July 2015, 6:00 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

about only worthy spec points is a: no cavitation b: it has lower expansion properties than water so system stays lower pressure & has extreme high temp handling.
Cavitation could be handy if indeed true but besides that water is absolute superb at heat transfer, I use distilled water & corrosion additive only as antifreeze reduces the heat transfer. If you got heat issues then generally cooling hardware needs looking at or upgrading as changes gained from fluids is minimal at best.

23EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 30th July 2015, 6:18 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Yep, it will help, but will be minimal! It will be good to have no pressure in the system though, particularly to look after those old coolant pipes at the back of the head below the inlet manifold!

Does anyone know how many litres it takes to fill the coolant system? Unsure wether to but 7, or 10 litres as it ain't cheap after you've included the prep fluid!!

24EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 30th July 2015, 6:19 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

And I watched that one Pete, it made a difference when the car was standing still, but no difference when air was blown on to it, ie the car actually moving! lol!

25EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT Empty Re: EVANS WATERLESS COOLANT 30th July 2015, 7:49 pm

buckym120

buckym120

I just filled my system from empty and used 6/7 ltrs

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum