Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

gtir with evo engine and runnig gear

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1gtir with evo engine and runnig gear Empty gtir with evo engine and runnig gear 11th July 2015, 12:35 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=453789&highlight=pulsar

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Wow what a read, so much effort in that build What a Face

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Julians from megamods.
Sev has done all the fabrication work.
I have some pics somewhere of the car when the floor and bulkhead and engine had just been installed.
The car was owned by a lad called Andy before mega mods bought it. Used to have a kudos frog looking bumper on it.
I havent read the link above.
Have they driven it yet?
Last I heard. Sev had it back in his shop finishing things off.

4gtir with evo engine and runnig gear Empty Re: gtir with evo engine and runnig gear 11th July 2015, 10:35 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

The work that's gone into this is incredible, and looks fantastic....but am I missing the point here? They have replaced the pulsar 2.0litre engine gearbox and 4wd running gear, for an evo 2.0l engine and 4wd running gear...why? Is it for strength and tunability??

5gtir with evo engine and runnig gear Empty Re: gtir with evo engine and runnig gear 11th July 2015, 11:06 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Strength I Think .
Evo engines can be tuned in excess of 500 easily
And boxes take that power all day long

6gtir with evo engine and runnig gear Empty Re: gtir with evo engine and runnig gear 11th July 2015, 11:25 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Standard evo boxes are not that great, far more gearkit options for them but a standard box with decent addle or twin plate clutch fail quite easily. For the amount of work/cost I don't see a huge overall gain .

7gtir with evo engine and runnig gear Empty Re: gtir with evo engine and runnig gear 11th July 2015, 12:30 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

It has a race built engine and a par box out of a race evo I think. Cant quite remember as its been a few years since I spoke to them about it.
The engine was running over 1000bhp
The turbo is as big as my head!
It will be one serious bit of kit when its done.

8gtir with evo engine and runnig gear Empty Re: gtir with evo engine and runnig gear 11th July 2015, 12:31 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I have 5 friends with evos, and used to own one myself, one of them is running 525bhp on a standard box and have never had any gear issues what so ever....it's the rest of the car that's the problem

9gtir with evo engine and runnig gear Empty Re: gtir with evo engine and runnig gear 11th July 2015, 12:40 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Evo's are worse than pulsars for rust...

10gtir with evo engine and runnig gear Empty Re: gtir with evo engine and runnig gear 11th July 2015, 1:16 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Have one myself, gone through a gsr box & rs, standard box not that great when used for track or drag. I done a few par gearkits in evios & use one myself, 4wd transmissions take a right hammering.

11gtir with evo engine and runnig gear Empty Re: gtir with evo engine and runnig gear 12th July 2015, 5:02 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

1027 bhp 758 torque @ 3 bar! It's hard to even compare it to a gtir though, nothing of it is left lol. Amazing car, love the quality of the work on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum