Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best way to remove ball joints

+9
Cosmic73
johnny gtir
burrows1980
nomad
Mr B
ROB_IOW
Stu
Thermal
Supernova
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 29th November 2015, 8:38 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

no good when the monkey is sideways Laughing

27Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 29th November 2015, 8:39 pm

shroom

shroom

Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Photo0552

lol I can remember having fun with that thing back in 2009!

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

28Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 29th November 2015, 9:12 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Bigger the hammer the better Laughing

Digging through some old pics this morning shroom?

29Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 29th November 2015, 9:35 pm

shroom

shroom

Yes indeed Very Happy nice looking back at things! If only I had kept the car standard I would have been so much better off haha oh well.

30Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 29th November 2015, 9:37 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Haha never look back or at your bank statements, and owning an R is great Laughing

31Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 29th November 2015, 9:40 pm

shroom

shroom

Yeah although current prices have risen my engine rebuild and turbo etc still out price its value :-(

32Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 29th November 2015, 10:38 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's normal though, cost of building a car unfortunately, cheer up Laughing

33Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 30th November 2015, 3:34 am

splmum

splmum

I am about to cheat doing this, I have a 20Ton Press with a driver kit, that will get the fookers out.

34Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 30th November 2015, 5:14 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I got one of those supercheap presses, pretty small but should work ok for installing wheel bearings and other things.

35Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 30th November 2015, 7:55 am

splmum

splmum

Woody, Is that the short leg 6 ton version. Good unit for what they are.

36Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 30th November 2015, 8:05 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah its a the 6ton one, I just have it sitting on my work bench. It does the job but can be difficult with some things because it isn't very wide. For the price its worth it, they are always on special.

37Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 30th November 2015, 9:22 am

splmum

splmum

Yep, handy unit for most jobs and as you say, width is the only downfall, but hey, bang for buck Smile

38Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 23rd June 2019, 4:26 pm

wingzerojm

wingzerojm

Mr B wrote:They nothing unusual it just as nissan wanted sell whole arm & R not a big seller the bj got over looked in patern parts rather than not being available from manufacturers. I seen a few people say about welding & few not. is really down to what joint you get & the brand too as the spec size differs a little thus the interference fit could be too low in worse case scenario. I found brands like delphi & 555japan & Moog K9633 with no knurling spline on the fit area far better interference tolerance over real cheap monkey metal brands .
Basically OEM arm bore is 38.0mm, due to hole deformation/stretch from re-use & clean up from corrosion you need joint around 38.2mm minimum for good interference, Delphi TC600=38.2mm, Moog K9633=39.2mm will work if ream bore out to 38.8, they have grease nipple, innovative boot & very good quality, FAI SS1163 should work as well but not used or measured them .

much prefer the bolt on lower joints over press fit but they not used much these days as it all going towards full arm :-/ done ones on 206 hdi today what a cock those arms are hidden in the subframe  with bolts from top with not enough room to fully lift bolts without hassle, f00king french engineers :-S can work easier on an R with one arm than 206 with 2 arm :-P

just wanna say, this is a 4 year old post but i found it very very useful..thanks!

39Best way to remove ball joints - Page 2 Empty Re: Best way to remove ball joints 24th June 2019, 12:48 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Mr B and his wealth of knowledge Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum