Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

washer bottle with mot question

+4
nomad
Indy
Mr B
luke s
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1washer bottle with mot question Empty washer bottle with mot question 11th June 2015, 12:27 pm

luke s

Im now runninga fmic so question about the washer bottle and mot, could I just away with front washer jets as then I could use a smaller washer bottle in my boot too then?

2washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 11th June 2015, 1:15 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

rear wiper & washer is not an mot test item in terms of function.
Only thing they can fail on is if loose/insecure or protruding.
rear washer is handy though as our rear windows get plastered & not washed even when raining thanks to the rear spoiler.

3washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 11th June 2015, 1:18 pm

luke s

I get a smaller wash bottle with single pump all in for £7 and should be easier to sucure down and less fafing around with pipes too thanks for answering the question

4washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 11th June 2015, 2:04 pm

Indy

Not having a washer bottle for front wipers is a fail just find a friendly mot tester if u were all down my ways I could get any of your cars passed as long as they are safe
My mate can over look the few niggly bits and bobs

5washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 11th June 2015, 2:08 pm

luke s

I'l get the washer bottle sorted bud just rear washer is more of a pain and I gotta use the bigger bottle, just got my flex for the exhaust so get that done just be for the 25th meet :-)

6washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 11th June 2015, 2:43 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

For the rear just take the wiper off for mot as cant test it if it isnt there ... ... fronts needs to be working ... though ....

7washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 11th June 2015, 4:09 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Don't take it off as it not a check in terms of function, they can not fail because it not covered like windscreen washer & wiper. Most they could do is give you friendly advise/remark on function condition/fault of rear wiper & washer, would only fail if close to falling off or sticking out causing a hazard.
Our R mot man should be able verify this ...

8washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 11th June 2015, 5:31 pm

houghy_1

I relocated mine to the boot.
Under the wing I joined the pipes together and connected wiring from the original point,down the sill into the boot to connect.to the washer bottle which I made 2 90 degree brackets,1 bolted to the boot floor and 1 to the inner quarter.
Behind the trim I cut the rear washer feed and connected 2 pipes to feed both washer pumps. Job done :-)

washer bottle with mot question Washerbottleinboot

9washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 11th June 2015, 5:35 pm

luke s

That's how I positioned it too, hmm ok I'l get some brackets and sort it out and get some more pipe and run it like that, cheers guys

10washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 11th June 2015, 10:25 pm

Thermal

Thermal

Ive got a washer bag in the boot comes with a washer pump, easy to fit does not take up alot of room, on E-Bay for about a tenner, dont worry about the rear washer, not even a checkable item for the MOT.
When I bought my R it had an MOT but the washers did not work, only found out when I got it home there was no washer bottle, or fog light, then a brake pipe burst after a couple of weeks, bit of a dodgy MOT me thinks.

11washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 11th June 2015, 10:50 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yes rear washer is not an mot requirement so personally I would not bother unless you want it then as said just connect it up.

One little tip though I've found with locating it to the rear is..........if you go on track with the car you'll find that when braking hard the washer fluid is forced through the washer jets and ends up trickling all over the bonnet which leaves a hard to get rid of stain, if it's a hot day combined with the heat from the bonnet on track it's a booger to polish out
So easy fix is to fit a non return valve in line this will stop it emptying through the jets and save polishing out nasty water marks baked on under heat.

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

12washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 11th June 2015, 11:32 pm

Thermal

Thermal

y
Yeah mine does that when braking, even hits the windscreen.

13washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 11th June 2015, 11:40 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Haha yeah it's fookin annoying lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

14washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 12th June 2015, 12:52 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah I didn't worry about connecting the rear either. Found a neat aluminium washer tank on eBay that I mounted in the rear.

15washer bottle with mot question Empty Re: washer bottle with mot question 16th June 2015, 2:12 pm

luke s

Iv got both washers now running and working cheers guys

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum