Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dash board lights

+3
nomad
PartyPete
Chris shrewsbury
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dash board lights Empty Dash board lights 30th May 2015, 8:44 pm

Chris shrewsbury

Evening I have a problem with my gtir I bought it as a none runner and I have replaced the gearbox and I have started the car up and I have no ignition lights no rev counter nothing but the car runs fine. I am unsure if it may be an alarm issue

2Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 30th May 2015, 8:50 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Did you take the engine out completely? If so have you reconnected everything? No plugs hanging off anywhere etc?

3Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 30th May 2015, 9:15 pm

Chris shrewsbury

No did it with engine in I haven't really looked into yet but just wondered if it had happened to anyone else. I have looked everywhere how many wires are on starter moter live post? Thanks for help

4Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 30th May 2015, 9:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Are you sure its even plugged in .... its not difficult to get out that would be my first port of call to check ..... was it all working beforehand .... ????

5Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 30th May 2015, 9:40 pm

Chris shrewsbury

I spoke to previous owner and he is sure it was. This is the first time I have had it running I just wondered if there is a live wire I have missed off ?

6Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 31st May 2015, 9:00 am

gtirx2

gtirx2

I had a very similar issue recentally and it was one of the 3 blue relays in the fuse box in the car,not sure which one as I changed the lot.

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4650-dash-warning-lights-center-gauges#76749

7Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 31st May 2015, 9:41 am

Chris shrewsbury

Mine is doing the exact same thing as yours I have indicators and main beam working on dash but no clocks and the 3 gauges are not working either I just swapped the relays around but no joy where does the main engine earth bolt to please really appreciate the help

8Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 31st May 2015, 10:12 am

Gtirchris

Main engine earth is bolted under the thermostat housing buddy, if that wasn't bolted up you would struggle to start the engine, does everything else work?, e.g rear lights, headlights,radio etc, if they do then it'll be a relay or bad connection somewhere

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

9Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 31st May 2015, 1:36 pm

Chris shrewsbury

Big thanks to gtirx2 it was the 3 blue relays by the fuses so it's all sorted now. And thanks to everyone who has helped also cheers guys

10Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 31st May 2015, 3:21 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I think that deservs a rep point

11Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 31st May 2015, 4:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Repped .... and noted thumbsup

12Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 31st May 2015, 5:00 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Think if I had similar problems and not read that I would be into it from hours to days with multi meter well done all the above why been a forum member really pays off

13Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 31st May 2015, 7:14 pm

Chris shrewsbury

How do you give a rep point? And yea this thread really did save me hours

14Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 31st May 2015, 7:37 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Go onto any post of the person you want to give it to preferbly the post your giving the rep for and click on the plus it should go green job done

15Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 31st May 2015, 7:47 pm

Chris shrewsbury

Done cheers mate

16Dash board lights Empty Re: Dash board lights 31st May 2015, 9:43 pm

joe gt racer

joe gt racer

Good information

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum