Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Learn to tune

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Learn to tune Empty Learn to tune 7th May 2015, 11:01 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I came across this website that provides online tuning courses, looks pretty interesting. I'm thinking about checking out the fundamentals course. It is very expensive so I would be expecting it to provide some excellent learnings. Anyone ever seen it before?

https://www.hpacademy.com

2Learn to tune Empty Re: Learn to tune 7th May 2015, 11:11 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I swear I've seen the site somewhere before, don't think it was on here though.

3Learn to tune Empty Re: Learn to tune 7th May 2015, 11:50 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Ive never come across it before ..seems expensive ....but then again it could save you abit of money in the future and good bit of knowledge never hurt Wink

4Learn to tune Empty Re: Learn to tune 7th May 2015, 11:55 am

ducie54

ducie54

I'm sure I've posted that before on the gtiroz forums. I joined them awhile back, they just released the launch control course. Even just there webinars are helpful.

I'm a VIP so if u want some insight into any courses let me know Chris.

5Learn to tune Empty Re: Learn to tune 7th May 2015, 8:13 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Not trying to become an expert and tune my own car or anything like that, just find this stuff interesting. I think the broader your knowledge the better Smile

Knew I'd seen it somewhere before Nigel. Haltech had posted this on their forum as a good source of info, that's how I found it last night. Would you say it's worth the money?

6Learn to tune Empty Re: Learn to tune 1st December 2015, 9:28 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

If anyone is interested they are running a 6 part free tuning course online to understand the bare minimums. Ive just started watching the first episode. Just name and email and they send you each episode.

http://learntotune.leadpages.co/free-tuning-lessons/?utm_source=High+Performance+Academy&utm_campaign=b4724fa155-Your+6+part+tuning+lesson+is+waiting+for+you&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4daaa60604-b4724fa155-99447453

7Learn to tune Empty Re: Learn to tune 1st December 2015, 10:48 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

cheers for that goodpost

im shortly going on a course arranged by Litchfield which covers ecutek tuning, you start as a base tuner then can work your way up through the ranks to become a master tuner, its not cheap but as said its good to learn all the different systems.

Tuning principles are the same for any vehicle based on ignition timing and air fuel ratio.
Theres no such thing as a pro ''lets say gtir'' tuner, that's just bullshit! If you can tune one car then you can tune any make of car.
What is different are the programs / ecu's each car runs and the software be it motec, ecutek, syvecs, apexi, link, fcon, dta, emerald and so forth. That's where the pro bit comes in is by having someone who is fully competent with the software they are using not the car itself.

Im still getting my head round pfc and nistune plus Terry has taught me a bit regarding Motec, very very interesting but very time consuming too.

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Learn to tune Empty Re: Learn to tune 1st December 2015, 12:03 pm

ducie54

ducie54

I disagree with saying if you can tune one car you can tune any make of car. There's more in it then Tuning ignition to MBT and fuel to a AFR number.

A pro gtir tunner would be using 4d fuel tables, using idle ignition advance instead of the factory idles valves plus indervidual fuel trim compensations on cylinders 3 and 4. I bet most would have none of these done even if the ecu were capable of these features.

Using the motec, haltech and link software is not that hard to navigate

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum