Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gearbox internal spares

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gearbox internal spares  Empty Gearbox internal spares 24th March 2015, 7:55 pm

Ads turbo

Only interested in the internals of a gearbox , mainly selector fork , gears , thanks

2Gearbox internal spares  Empty Re: Gearbox internal spares 24th March 2015, 8:06 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

drop me a message and il see what I have got

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Gearbox internal spares  Empty Re: Gearbox internal spares 24th March 2015, 8:10 pm

Ads turbo

Will do , thanks

4Gearbox internal spares  Empty Re: Gearbox internal spares 25th March 2015, 7:06 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Bill has plenty

5Gearbox internal spares  Empty Re: Gearbox internal spares 26th March 2015, 10:43 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Think he needs renaming to Gearbox Bill.
quite a gearbox squirrel is Bill .
That 3/4 selector is easily made in steel,any friendly small engineering shop could make one. was a company in US that done a lot of custom steel shifter forks but never done anything for our box.
I won't be buying any from PAR or PPG at current prices that for sure .

6Gearbox internal spares  Empty Re: Gearbox internal spares 27th March 2015, 12:40 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

That 3rd 4th selector really is a troublesome little booger, that is  responsible for 90% of the issues with these boxes when it breaks or moves slightly out of alignment then shortly after you will crunch 3rd which then leads to rapid stripping of that gear and in turn this damages 3-4 hub synchro, baulk rings and the little t clips end up scattered.
If still driven in other gears to get you home the teeth then in turn will shred virtually everything else in the box.

I may look into getting these made up in steel as really would be a worthwhile mod seeing as good boxes are now becoming a bit of a rarity

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum