Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

over heating rally car

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1over heating rally car Empty over heating rally car 14th January 2015, 1:27 pm

adebaker1

adebaker1

Hi everyone was at Blyton Rally day this weekend when my MSA pulsar started getting hot after 4/5 laps so had to keep letting her cool down before going out again!
I have just changed the original rad cap for one off one of my spare car's, it said 1.1 Bar on it. I took it out on the back roads flat out for an hour and half a tank of fuel later and temp never went above half way? Is she cured the old cap rubber looked iffy? Surprised

2over heating rally car Empty Re: over heating rally car 14th January 2015, 1:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It could be ..... im not really sure about track use as i would imagine any car would get pretty hot pushing everything to the max ..... do you have a standard rad etc ???

3over heating rally car Empty Re: over heating rally car 14th January 2015, 1:55 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Could it be a possible thermostat issue? Sticking, working one minute and not the next?

4over heating rally car Empty Re: over heating rally car 14th January 2015, 4:04 pm

adebaker1

adebaker1

Well having checked the old cap it was a std 0.9 Bar and the rubber was hard and brittle!
The newer one is 1.1Bar rated and the rubber looks and feels soft and like new!

5over heating rally car Empty Re: over heating rally car 14th January 2015, 4:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well if it was the cap probably the easiest fix your come across lol ....

6over heating rally car Empty Re: over heating rally car 14th January 2015, 4:59 pm

adebaker1

adebaker1

I hope so lol gearbox out next Crying or Very sad

7over heating rally car Empty Re: over heating rally car 14th January 2015, 5:07 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Why whats up with it .... just a refresh .... or clutch or something ?

8over heating rally car Empty Re: over heating rally car 14th January 2015, 5:29 pm

adebaker1

adebaker1

Can't sometimes find third happened this weekend and crunches going into 5th gear so not sure if linkage or its inside?

9over heating rally car Empty Re: over heating rally car 14th January 2015, 11:08 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yes could well have been a weak rad cap allowing coolant back to expansion bottle then obviously losing it via there

With regard to gearbox........could possibly be a worn sloppy external bush, have you a quick shift fitted?
More than likely an internal fault though with selector or synchro, possibly even worn input or mainshaft bearings

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum