Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ARP Head bolts, urgent!

+2
johnny gtir
mikewazowski
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ARP Head bolts, urgent! Empty ARP Head bolts, urgent! 31st December 2014, 12:07 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Hi guys, has anybody got a spare set of the ARP head bolts? one of my mates is in a desperate need of a set to go on his rebuilt sr20. Thanks!

2ARP Head bolts, urgent! Empty Re: ARP Head bolts, urgent! 31st December 2014, 2:06 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Det ?

3ARP Head bolts, urgent! Empty Re: ARP Head bolts, urgent! 31st December 2014, 2:18 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Use standard OEM Nissan ones... ARP's are to short & head can lift... Well known fact on the pulsar SR20DET.

OEM Nissan ones have been proven over 500bhp

4ARP Head bolts, urgent! Empty Re: ARP Head bolts, urgent! 31st December 2014, 3:39 pm

stevie904

i will second that use standard oem ones

5ARP Head bolts, urgent! Empty Re: ARP Head bolts, urgent! 31st December 2014, 4:44 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

yes hence my det ? I do have a set of arp ones fitted but never torqued them right up and obv engine never ran

6ARP Head bolts, urgent! Empty Re: ARP Head bolts, urgent! 31st December 2014, 6:41 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

its for a friends sr20det but its not the pulsar one. He's just after a set of ARP ones hence the questions, soooo has anybody got a set spare?

7ARP Head bolts, urgent! Empty Re: ARP Head bolts, urgent! 31st December 2014, 9:49 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Just keep in mind gtir uses larger diameter head studs compared to a normal det.

8ARP Head bolts, urgent! Empty Re: ARP Head bolts, urgent! 31st December 2014, 10:40 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ yes 54C of the R is 12mm the others det's are 11mm.
vw golf studs can be used as same size which might help sourcing some quick. Not a fan on studs plus pending on what machine work done to head block & what thickness gasket you using means looking into whether need undercut or standard studs.

9ARP Head bolts, urgent! Empty Re: ARP Head bolts, urgent! 1st January 2015, 2:10 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

ow i didnt know that they would be different size for a regular DET engine, i think that he's found some now anyway Smile thanks guys!

10ARP Head bolts, urgent! Empty Re: ARP Head bolts, urgent! 1st January 2015, 4:21 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

That turned into hard work for you mike i think we all went to panic mode and did not want your mates build to go wrong. Whats his build etc ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum