Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Info?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gtir Info? Empty Gtir Info? 29th December 2014, 8:49 pm

Supernova

Hi guy's, someone I know is really interested in buying a Pulsar and he has sent me a link to one that is currently up for sale on ebay.

Does anyone know this car? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271709043710?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

He seems very interested but he'd like to find out as much info as he can, so I thought you guy's would probably know something.

Any help or info would be much appreciated.

2Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 29th December 2014, 10:20 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Cant say the reg is one ive seen before ....

3Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 29th December 2014, 11:06 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Im sure I've seen this online somewhere before but can't for the life of me remember where

4Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 29th December 2014, 11:11 pm

Supernova

I'd thought i'd ask, it hasn't come up on any of the forums that I have seen.

It looks a really nice car but the bit that we both thought was a little odd was in the description

"Engine is bomb proof and is likely to be forged running 1.2 Bar for the past 13 years with no issues at all"

I'd have thought if you have owned it for 13years and spent quite a bit on the car you would want to know if it has forge internals.

Anyway no worries I think he's going to contact the bloke directly but I thought i'd do a bit of digging on his behalf.

5Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 29th December 2014, 11:21 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Just ask about the diffs as the info isnt specific about brand/which ones have been replaced. Also it says "Engine is bomb proof and is LIKELY to be forged" just confirm the specs of the motor. Looks like a good car though.

6Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 29th December 2014, 11:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It does look clean .... although as pointed out supposed forged or not i would think you would know after that many years of ownership .... and mileage not working for many years so it could have been round the clock and you would never know ..... im not knocking the bloke as he might be truelly genuine ...

7Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 30th December 2014, 12:14 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I don't think you'll find it a good buy.
Too flimsy on details for someone who owned it 13yrs.
after 13yrs you know if you got forged pistons.
No details on LSD diff & assume he saying it front as that the only one that makes huge difference, could be a Nismo or if unlucky it will be likes of phantom grip & they rubbish compared to a full blown plated lsd.
Quality of rebuild would seem questionable too as say some rust but majority done, if doing welding & respraying shell (looks like it resprayed) you do all the welding on shell really !
Also likes of new copper brake line looks poorly formed & fitted plus drop links on rear are wrong length.
Real mileage is unknown too as during his extensive rebuild he considered fixing that a bit tricky !
Certainly needs viewing with eyes wide open & someone who is up to speed with R's or automotive engineering as 4k is decent car money.

8Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 30th December 2014, 1:01 am

Supernova

nomad wrote:It does look clean .... although as pointed out supposed forged or not i would think you would know after that many years of ownership .... and mileage not working for many years so it could have been round the clock and you would never know ..... im not knocking the bloke as he might be truelly genuine ...

You are thinking along the same lines as we were. I'll tell the guy to ask him for a bit more detail and see what he comes back with.

I know you can never guarantee that anything will not break especially with second hand cars. Hopefully the car is ok and the guy is genuine.

Cheers guy's

9Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 30th December 2014, 1:05 am

Supernova

Mr B wrote:I don't think you'll find it a good buy.
Too flimsy on details for someone who owned it 13yrs.
after 13yrs you know if you got forged pistons.
No details on LSD diff & assume he saying it front as that the only one that makes huge difference, could be a Nismo or if unlucky it will be likes of phantom grip & they rubbish compared to a full blown plated lsd.
Quality of rebuild would seem questionable too as say some rust but majority done, if doing welding & respraying shell (looks like it resprayed) you do all the welding on shell really !
Also likes of new copper brake line looks poorly formed & fitted plus drop links on rear are wrong length.
Real mileage is unknown too as during his extensive rebuild he considered fixing that a bit tricky !
Certainly needs viewing with eyes wide open & someone who is up to speed with R's or automotive engineering as 4k is decent car money.

Again your thinking along the same lines and you guy's know alot more us so it's nice to get second opinions.

Anybody know of any decent one's up for sale or coming up for sale in the near future? The guy in question lives near London and I think he's looking to spend around about £4K?

10Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 30th December 2014, 7:34 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Bob has a couple of cars in and i am sure one is coming up for sale have a word with him and possibly can spec it how you want it within the budget

11Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 30th December 2014, 8:38 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

^ awesome idea, at least you'll know it's decent thumbsup

12Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 30th December 2014, 1:43 pm

Supernova

Cheers guy's I think he has tried to email Bob. I think that the way to go although the Pulsar on ebay is nice it seems like a risk to me.

13Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 30th December 2014, 2:01 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

At 4k it needs someone who knows these cars to check it look down plug holes check the other parts visualy and a drive should let you know about the uprated diff as for the rear surly if its rebuilt he knows who or where it was done

14Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 30th December 2014, 2:22 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

No longer for sale, so problem solved ...
Main thing with buying an R is patience, second thing is stick to your gut instincts & preferences, If you prefer car certain colour or features/condition stick to it as saves you going off car in time.
also don't go all weak at the knees on things like forged engines & rebuilt gearboxes etc unless quality jobs & documented.
A forged engine is nothing more than a set of forged pistons & if all engine machining not great, oem quality seals not used & build not professional or experienced it worth less than a decent running original one with sensible logged mileage really.
Happy hunting, hopefully as rol into new year some good ones will crop up. You could also look at fresh import but that more slow & limited than was for real decent ones & expect you looking at 5k to 6k unless do import work yourself.

15Gtir Info? Empty Re: Gtir Info? 30th December 2014, 4:59 pm

Supernova

Yeah thats some good advice.

The car isn't for me, I'm on the Briskoda Forum and a guy asked me about my Pulsar and what they are like to live with ect. So I told him what I know but refered him to this Forum as you guy's have forgot more than i'll probably ever know.

He seems genuinely interested in buying one i'd hate to see him end up with a Lemon.

Cheers guy's

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum