Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ABS Sensor

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ABS Sensor Empty ABS Sensor 4th May 2012, 7:29 pm

johnboy

johnboy

The ABS light has been coming on at random intervals for some time so with the MOT coming up I thought I'd better fix it. It wasn't until I'd got the faulty one off that I discovered my spare was actually for the other side. Crying or Very sad No time to try and get another so it had to be fitted. Even the plug and socked are different on each side - but nothing that a Stanley knife couldn't fix..
So off to the MOT next week and see what happens.

2ABS Sensor Empty Re: ABS Sensor 21st May 2012, 9:14 pm

johnboy

johnboy

To carry on with the story:

I've got 3 front ABS sensors that don't work so I got to wondering why it's always the front ones that fail. A close inspection and a bit of prodding about with a test meter showed that the sensor was fine and it was the wire that was broken. It's actually broken in exactly the same place on all 3. Sad

ABS Sensor DSCN0317

They break where the cable is clamped to the front strut as this must be where most of the flexing happens. The metal clamps come off easily enough so I cut off the sensor and pulled the wire out of the sleeve. I've ordered up a length of the silicone wire so a couple of soldered joints and it'll be as good as new. cheers

ABS Sensor DSCN0315

Let you know how it goes.

3ABS Sensor Empty Re: ABS Sensor 21st May 2012, 9:39 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Does it have to be silicone wire ? good bit of info though wonder how many people have thrown them away thinking it was the sensor itself .

4ABS Sensor Empty Re: ABS Sensor 21st May 2012, 9:47 pm

johnboy

johnboy

It seems to be silicone in it as I guess it takes the flexing better than most. Although you're probably right as most of these cars have done the best part of 100,000 miles so for the few miles most of us are going to add I expect any wire would last long enough. Smile

5ABS Sensor Empty Re: ABS Sensor 21st May 2012, 10:00 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Great bit of investigation work there mate Very Happy

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

6ABS Sensor Empty Re: ABS Sensor 21st May 2012, 10:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

L i think aslong as the core size is closest to the oe i cant see it being a problem even stuff like speaker wire would probably suffice thats pretty flexible .

7ABS Sensor Empty Re: ABS Sensor 23rd May 2012, 2:10 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

good info there john....especially as the n/s front abs sensors are no longer obtainable from nissan and weve also sold out of them

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]