Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

track rod end removal

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1track rod end removal Empty track rod end removal 19th December 2014, 4:24 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

any tips for getting this bugger off? not the ball-joint the other end which is screwed into the long shaft, looks like it never been removed and nearly breaking spanners lol

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

2track rod end removal Empty Re: track rod end removal 19th December 2014, 6:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t239-track-rod-ends

3track rod end removal Empty Re: track rod end removal 19th December 2014, 6:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Do you mean winding it off from the rod .. back the nut off then i use moldgrips or plumbers wrench to hold the rod while undoing it for those more stubborn track rod ends ....

4track rod end removal Empty Re: track rod end removal 20th December 2014, 9:30 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Think he means removing the steering arm that holds the track rod end.

5track rod end removal Empty Re: track rod end removal 20th December 2014, 9:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I dont think it is mate ... very rarely do you need to remove the drumstick not unless the thread has gone on the track rod end like replacing the gaitor you just take the rod end off .... so i could only imagine sye means the track rod end is wedged to the drumstick ....

6track rod end removal Empty Re: track rod end removal 21st December 2014, 7:28 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

Sorry i meant just remove the whole trackrod end but mine doesnt have the bolt on th shaft

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

7track rod end removal Empty Re: track rod end removal 21st December 2014, 11:43 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Might be worth posting a picture.
If no locking nut on threaded shaft then possible someone been hear before & not used one!
is possible it there but such rusted mess can't really tell, other option would be a replacement joint that had pinch bolt through it at end.
I've had to take the complete steering rod off before from the steering rack & put them in vice & work on them with heat & even angle grinder to get track rod balljoint off & keep steering rod reusable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum