Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Main dealers

+2
Mr B
Bones
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Main dealers Empty Main dealers 15th December 2014, 8:50 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Well after absolutely no joy with my local nissan dealer for an exhaust I tried Doncaster today. Totally different, couldn't help enough. He even emailed me the full blown out system with part numbers and rang me to ask if I would let him know exactly which bits I needed . I'll be on it tomorrow. I only want cat back so I'm hoping that will meet up ok with my front section

2Main dealers Empty Re: Main dealers 15th December 2014, 9:07 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

It is all down to staff, get apathetic staff & you get nowhere, get enthusiastic staff & everything becomes available & easy.
If on phone to them again get current price/availability on struts, where around £120 few year ago.

3Main dealers Empty Re: Main dealers 16th December 2014, 2:31 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yep like Mr B says, down to staff... I got parts from a Nissan dealer where I used to live no problem same guy all the time & realy helpful.

Went to get a oil filter from Nissan where I live now & it was like they couldn't be arsed, "no sorry we cant get that oil filter anymore" Then I said well seen as its the same as a Nissan micra filter then that's abit strange... So he got me 1 off the shelf no problem Rolling Eyes

Maybe my fault as I should of just asked for a micra filter in the first place Laughing

4Main dealers Empty Re: Main dealers 16th December 2014, 6:59 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Alnwick up past morpeth are shit want number this that and the other. The one in newcastle are spot on nothing is to much hasel and they go back onto the old slides from the sunny gtir then super seed any part numbers if need be. Now them slides i would like

5Main dealers Empty Re: Main dealers 16th December 2014, 10:25 pm

buckym120

buckym120

I just get fed up with the huffing and puffing when the lazy fuck has to walk 2 yards to get the import disc... I now use Mike at mjp and he couldn't be more helpful so not got to waste my time in the main dealers. Plus he's a former pulsar owner so knows he's stuff

6Main dealers Empty Re: Main dealers 16th December 2014, 10:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Main dealers in maidstone are exactly the same as soon as you mention its a import then comes the attitude and its to much hassle for them ...

7Main dealers Empty Re: Main dealers 17th December 2014, 10:40 am

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Well although he was very helpfull I ain't paying nearly £400 for cat back standard exhaust so looks like I'll get a stainless one made to be quieter. Also rang local factors about standard shocks and was surprised to fine they have them in stock and only £170 for the full set so hopefully after Christmas. Problem is I can always find something else I need the cash for ie 916 and then TT trip

8Main dealers Empty Re: Main dealers 17th December 2014, 12:27 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

@Bones Be careful with pattern part shocks, while fronts are quite easily matched the rear are troublesome in terms of arb bracket & shock body diameter. Only rears likely be same in points above are from 4x4 model nissans .
Quite annoying to think how many standard exhausts in good order got thrown away, I had very clean one from front pipe minus back-box as that was non standard, was stored for for some years then got chopped up to make exhaust section for another nissan :-/
Suppose a close copy of original in stainless would be good second option for those trying keep standard as possible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum