Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halfords tool kit

+5
Bones
ROB_IOW
nomad
GTI-R US
Indy
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Halfords tool kit Empty Halfords tool kit 8th December 2014, 11:08 pm

Indy

I have the large Halforda advanced pro tool box along with their ratchet spanners and screwdrivers set I think it's great quality and most of the time they have a half price sale on em I recommend them highly if you are on a medium budget hope this helps. Very Happy

2Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 8th December 2014, 11:12 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yep big star for their kits and lifetime guarantee so kind of makes snap on and the like a waste of money as their tools are no better

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 8th December 2014, 11:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I also have this set ... i gotta say its been pretty good other than the case hinge one side has snapped being plastic ...

4Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 8th December 2014, 11:16 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I am on my  3rd set  from Halford's .  
Just bought  number 3 .

200 piece for  £150 then i got another  £25 off coz i used my trade card. .  

Fantastic  bit of kit.  
Only reason I ask on number 3 is coz i keep losing the odd piece

5Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 8th December 2014, 11:19 pm

Indy

Yes Leighton the plastic box on the 170 peice does come apart and I realised its made like that on purpose so you can place the trays in a metal freestanding tool chest like an organiser good design me thinks!

6Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 9th December 2014, 1:02 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Be careful with the lifetime warrantee on these as I have one and the quarter drive ratchet broke. When I took it back I was informed it's only moving parts that are covered ie the ratchet bits themselves and they have to send them off of you can buy the bits there and then for £5 which I did but very fiddley to fit

7Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 9th December 2014, 2:12 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

had the same prob with the old apprentice so I went up there and they exchanged them as I kicked off about it

they have since however changed their warranty to moving parts as well so they are covered if the mechanisms break

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 9th December 2014, 3:43 pm

FPSChris

FPSChris

Still on my original socket set my Grandad bought in the mid 80s
None missing
No rust
Nothing broken
Not even had to put 3 in 1 oil in the bearings. They've been hammered since I got them in the late 90s in all sorts of weather.

Can't say there's a better test of the quality than that.

All my other spanners and sockets are offa amazon.

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

9Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 9th December 2014, 4:51 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Not got any halfords tools.
Anyone got a link to current written T&C of their tool lifetime warranty.

Nice to see it in black & white.

10Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 10th December 2014, 8:42 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Halfords tool kit Th_8802641041ce5d11888934c9bb91cffc_zps918e4f4c
Hope I earn a rep that took me half an hour to find MrB

11Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 10th December 2014, 9:16 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Bones wrote:Halfords tool kit Th_8802641041ce5d11888934c9bb91cffc_zps918e4f4c
Hope I earn a rep that took me half an hour to find MrB
Bit of a poor effort Mr Bones :-/
Due to your recent brain surgery handicap I will give you a point as I have yet to find much better myself :-)
Really would like see the companies written policy on the lifetime warranty as can't see it via Halfords website !
Would seem very unfair requiring a receipt in say 20 years when you pop in with a broken item !
assume most people will get by ok as long as staff obliging.
Very surprised could find no written T&C's on it.
May pass this on to Digitalfaze as his partner works for Halfords company so should be able give us some help on this.

12Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 10th December 2014, 9:40 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CSCategoryDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=21202&categoryId=292513&topCategoryId=292503

Still want more clarity though ...

13Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 10th December 2014, 11:18 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its still quite vague
... i have taken a torx socket back and got it exchanged they reluctanly did it as had no reciept and pretty much said thats your lot ....

14Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 11th December 2014, 1:43 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I find the Halfords socket sets to either have the wrong spanners or wrong sockets you actualy need :/

Example... If you want the kit with rachet spanners then it comes with not as many sockets, the other kit comes with either a few bigger sockets or long sockets that you want but comes with normal spanners when you want rachets lol

15Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 13th December 2014, 8:58 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

You dont need a receipt to exchange halfords advanced tools, as long as it says halfords "advanced" on the broken bit they will swap it over for a new piece regardless of the age, just take the tool in and they will swap. It use to be "non moving parts" which would be replaced but that has changed so any advanced tool can be replaced, some stores are reluctant but they cant really argue if it says advanced on the tool, ive got the one with ratchet spanners and its great tool kit for a novice anyway, has pretty much everything i need for most jobs

*source halfords management Wink

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

16Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 13th December 2014, 4:39 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

My mate still works there so I'd just see him, however I've been given a quarter and three eighths drive Facom ratchets so I'm now using them with the halfords sockets. Bet I've had this set 10 years still very good and I have a separate 1/4 socket set in a small black plastic tool box which is a mint piece of kit from halfords I'd advise anyone buying one of those

17Halfords tool kit Empty Re: Halfords tool kit 13th December 2014, 8:11 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

Yup i agree ive given my halfords kit a fair amount of abuse and not had any issues and the warranty gives me a bit of reasurrance

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum