Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My R

+33
astarozna
Ryaneg6freak
mike74
TOMMYPRU.GTIR
Zia
Beany113
gtircrazy
ADZ14
burrows1980
joetheeskimo
Cosmic73
Jdmsentra
Stu
Thermal
splmum
buckym120
ducie54
sooni
pulsarmoley
mikewazowski
PartyPete
Mr B
shroom
johnny gtir
GTI-R US
Gaz GTiR
fred05
watoga
nomad
GTIR James
KF79GTIR
grim_d
gtir_woody
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 24]

176My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 8th August 2015, 9:49 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks guys I think they look alright, that was just a google pic so would need to look at tyres. I think there are less sizes available in 16's so maybe that's something to consider also.

177My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 20th August 2015, 8:47 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

My R - Page 8 Image

Sorry Stu Laughing

178My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 20th August 2015, 9:00 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

They look better on the car woody Wink
I stand corrected mate.

179My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 20th August 2015, 9:37 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Laughing they will do the job until I change my mind again Laughing

180My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 1st September 2015, 8:23 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Maxima caliper brackets showed up.

My R - Page 8 Image

Going to pick up my rear calipers from getting rebuilt today. Hopefully that fixes my hand brake problems. Also got some braided lines made up for my front skyline calipers. So the brake upgrade stuff is coming along now.

181My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 1st September 2015, 8:52 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Pm me some bracket numbers please woody as was abit confusion on these on a thread I read

182My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 1st September 2015, 9:02 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

No worries at all mate

183My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 1st September 2015, 11:40 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I like the wheels, don't think they look bad with the bulkier rubber either thumbsup

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

184My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 2nd September 2015, 8:29 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks bob, think I might paint them though, probably flat black, might match the car better?

Painted the front calipers (thanks for them Nigel) and picked up some other parts yesterday.

My R - Page 8 Image

185My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 2nd September 2015, 8:37 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

So you using str 5 stud spindles ... forgot he done them until you mentioned it other day.
Wheels do look fine on the R, the standard R Nissan alloys where a bit plain for rest of the car really but these look more suited. Should stop much better & with rear fully refurb'd should be trouble free for long time .

186My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 2nd September 2015, 8:55 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah B going with 5 stud Smile i think ideally the rears would be good to upgrade to a 2 pot skyline aswell but this set up will do me good for awhile. I think the wheels are alright, I can't wait to get them on Laughing

187My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 20th September 2015, 5:47 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Got a bit carried away today and removed the sub frame. I started trying to remove the rears hubs but damn that long bolt that goes through the parallel links and hub is a right pain. Its stuck real good, so need to look at how to get it off.

You dont realise how old these cars are until you start removing parts that are rarely removed.

My R - Page 8 IMG_2407

188My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 20th September 2015, 10:57 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

gtir_woody wrote:Got a bit carried away today and removed the sub frame. I started trying to remove the rears hubs but damn that long bolt that goes through the parallel links and hub is a right pain. Its stuck real good, so need to look at how to get it off.

You dont realise how old these cars are until you start removing parts that are rarely removed.

My R - Page 8 IMG_2407
Wish i had a garage so i could do stuff like this.
Are you stripping it down and changing all bushes.
And powder coating..

189My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 20th September 2015, 12:05 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I just wish i had a garage lol .... i think it goes to show the difference in weather as to state of parts if that was a uk subframe it would be looking far rustier ...

190My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 20th September 2015, 6:06 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I think I'll either powder coat or give it a real good clean and spray paint Stu. I didn't think the bushes were too bad until I took them off, they're gone.

Yeah Leighton it's crazy, i can't remember who posted it but the whole rear of the car was rusty orange. Mine isn't that bad compared to others.

I feel sorry for you guys, you need garage space Smile

191My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 20th September 2015, 10:32 pm

splmum

splmum

Chris, you need to post all these mods in your blog on gtiroz, might get some interest from the oz/nz people.

Lots of good work.

Just about to drop the engine in mine to do all that pesky maintenance stuff (clutch and linkages, power steering - pump and rack, water hoses, LCA bushes and my front brake upgrade)

192My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 20th September 2015, 11:19 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I would spray it with epoxy paint, could probably do that yourself too so would be quite cheap just materials.

193My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 21st September 2015, 12:27 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Gaz, I've been meaning to update my blog on gtiroz for awhile, I'll get onto it. Good to see member from nz now aswell. Sounds like some fun work ahead, what brake upgrade you doing?

B, that's exactly what I was thinking, those epoxy paints work pretty good, and cheaper than powder coating it, don't really see it anyway.

194My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 21st September 2015, 4:20 am

splmum

splmum

The kit i bought off of Michael Keene (ohbaby) from cairns, this kit https://www.gtiroz.net/topic/13383-various-gtir-parts-october-update/?hl=r34

195My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 25th September 2015, 6:44 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

It's Friday, some arvo drinks, enjoying the day working on the R then I discovered this and a few other spots on the sub frame Sad No big deal will probably replace the whole thing, just annoying.

My R - Page 8 Image

196My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 25th September 2015, 6:53 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Nothing like a bit of tin worm to dampen a day of drinking and car maintenance Sad

197My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 25th September 2015, 7:52 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah it sucks Stu, now I'm trying to remove this bastard cv that's seized into the hub fuming

198My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 25th September 2015, 10:58 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

oz tin worm been busy, bloody stuff, looks easily repairable if can't find a better sub frame. I think you need another trip to the beer fridge sir ...

199My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 1st November 2015, 6:05 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thought Id do a quick update, still waiting for the 5x114.3 hubs so that's holding me up.

In the mean time I got another subframe thats not rusted to pieces and painted it up. Cleaned up the rusty exhaust and gave it some high temp paint including the heat shields. Replaced some of the rear bushes and painted the diff.

In the mean time Im going to give the underbody some love while the rear end is removed so its easier and replace all the rear CV boots. Should be looking fresh once its all back together.

My R - Page 8 IMG_2485

200My R - Page 8 Empty Re: My R 1st November 2015, 7:42 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Looking good mate looks like it will be finished in a week or so ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum