Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lucky?

+4
skiddusmarkus
nomad
BEBB GTIR
TurboTom
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lucky?  Empty Lucky? 19th April 2012, 6:25 pm

TurboTom

Today at work I was doing a Bit of welding, anyway I noticed that I had missed abit of glue that was right where I was Gunna weld, I had put all my stuff away as I was about to go to lunch, and thought ah fuck it I won't bother putting my goggles or gloves on and I clearly remember thinking it. I picked up my goggles as they were next to my grinder, but this was the ONLY reason I put them on. Literally put the grinder to metal and instantly a shardsmacked my goggle right in the eye, and it was a big bit cos I marked my goggles. It really shocked me as it probably would have taken my eye out. Anyone else got any stories like this to share? I have been thanking my lucky stars all day!

2Lucky?  Empty Re: Lucky? 19th April 2012, 6:30 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

grinders are prob the most dangerous tool u can use, ive had discs shatter ive hit my fingers on the disk itself and had the sparks fall down my wellies Mad

oh yes and welders ( bit of advice for everyone dont touch the material whilst someone else is welding if your not insulated via boots cos youll become the earth) not a nice feeling Very Happy

3Lucky?  Empty Re: Lucky? 19th April 2012, 6:40 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

That was lucky tom ive had plenty of mishaps i remember i was welding up a trailer a big trailer i was underneath it grinding away to clean it up as i was grinding the disc shattered and exploded i big piece skimmed my ear i got to admit it did shit me up lol i was behind a door grinding this is years back now the door burst open knocked the grinder out of me hand then the lead started wrapping around my wrist until the grinder started eating into my little finger took it right down to the bone very nice indeed lol

4Lucky?  Empty Re: Lucky? 19th April 2012, 6:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You know bebb those sparks ger everywhere im not really a fan of welding underneath cars to much i think the worst one is when a spark goes down your ear Evil or Very Mad

5Lucky?  Empty Re: Lucky? 19th April 2012, 6:50 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

good idea if you wanna run at the olympics just put some hot molten metal in your boots, youll run a mile easy Razz

6Lucky?  Empty Re: Lucky? 19th April 2012, 6:57 pm

skiddusmarkus

skiddusmarkus

I was using a wood working lathe and the big flywheel like plate managed to come unscrew itself as it was spinning down.God knows how as I thought they'd have the thread to stop this happening.It came off, wheelspan on the bench right in front of me and shot off betwene my legs just missing the crown jewels and flying across my garage.

7Lucky?  Empty Re: Lucky? 19th April 2012, 7:27 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I work on council mowers and the amount of times the dry grass stuck up in the chassis has caught fire while welding Laughing

8Lucky?  Empty Re: Lucky? 20th April 2012, 4:48 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ive had a shite week this week pale

one fooking prob after another
gauged a great big lump out my arm (dont ask)
clutch has gone on car someone was supposed to be picking up tomorrow
and to top it all today was changing a reel of welding wire in my mig welder and whilst it was on the workbench i managed to pull the torch cable too hard which sent the whole fooking thing crashing on the floor now its sitting in a 1000 pieces so gonna buy a new mig tomorrow

aaaaargggh geek i could fooking punch myself what a shite week

im off down the boozer now to drown my sorrows pale

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

9Lucky?  Empty Re: Lucky? 20th April 2012, 7:10 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

that does sound a shite week bob,if i remember rightly though u wasnt having alot of luck with that welder when i came in to do my clutch, and worst iv had would have to be welding under a truck and a hot peice of mig wire rolled down the inside of my overalls somehow managing to miss the gingangoolies and using a cutting disc managing to grind in to my finger aswell, all in the same week.
now that really was a shitty week....

so bob how did you gouge a big lump out of your arm??

10Lucky?  Empty Re: Lucky? 20th April 2012, 7:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Maybe with such a stressfull week bobs taking uo self harming i hear its very theraputic lol . what welder do you or did have i might have some spares ?

11Lucky?  Empty Re: Lucky? 5th May 2012, 7:58 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Some of my work is on building sites. Pulled up outside the job me and my apprentis. I hate trying to work in full ppe doing electrics with gloves is a nightmare anyhow the site manager was a stickler for it ie hard hats in property where your working upstairs with a roof and finished celing noting to fall no one working above. Walked into job scaffolders stripping scaffold 1 up on building one on ground level. Walking out the job to get more tools in tried to look up but could not see for scaffold boards looked at the lad on ground he said nowt so i walks out scaffold metal clamp hits me on the head both scaffols shouting sorry the lad jumps down full of apologies shouting at the lad on the floor saying why did u not tell me people were leavin that is your job calling him a fu++ing liability he said sorry shit loads got in his car and said he would never work with the lad on the ground again. Clamp bounced off hard hat onto my hand chipped the bone hate 2 think it prob would of smashed my skull thank god for that site agent normally we sneak in to job quickly no hats

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum