Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lucky sometimes

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lucky sometimes Empty Lucky sometimes 18th October 2013, 10:04 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

As im having car painted over the winter i thought id take the bumpers off and arch trims and as i have a bit of rust bubbling on each arch and its had arches painted at some point i thought i would end up putting new arches and wings on. So i sanded down the bubbles and to my shock there all mint, only the slightest surface rust ont a pin hole in sight. But how can i get the arch brows off as the bolts are rusted to much to undue???

2Lucky sometimes Empty Re: Lucky sometimes 18th October 2013, 10:09 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Mole grips?

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

3Lucky sometimes Empty Re: Lucky sometimes 18th October 2013, 10:10 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Soak them in wd40 first tho!

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

4Lucky sometimes Empty Re: Lucky sometimes 18th October 2013, 11:20 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

You wouldnt get mole grips on very well , think ill end up cutting thrm off with a dremell,

5Lucky sometimes Empty Re: Lucky sometimes 19th October 2013, 7:00 am

toaster55

toaster55

As stu says, soak in wd40 overnight. Then try to undo with a 6 point socket ( not a 12 point you will find in most socket sets) as 12 points tend to round shit off! If that doesnt work then try moleys, then chopp it off. But try to exhaust your options before resorting to the dremal.

6Lucky sometimes Empty Re: Lucky sometimes 19th October 2013, 7:53 am

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I'm not bothered about the bolts as I'm sticking them back on so as not to damage the paint and cause any rust spots in the future

7Lucky sometimes Empty Re: Lucky sometimes 19th October 2013, 12:07 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah but it helps locate the proper position save trying to line them up so to speak ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum