Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

shit day .....

+2
Girl racer
nomad
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1shit  day  ..... Empty shit day ..... 14th May 2014, 9:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its one of those when you just wonder why you got out of bed ..... started off at work working on scaffolding fitting soffits and fascias on a big extension we did late last year ..... the scaffolders didnt fix one of the boards properly so ended falling through luckily didnt hurt myself to much just more the shock of falling through it .... then on the way home driving along then my car suddenly lost all power it wouldnt rev or idle wich i found out when i dipped the clutch it cut out completley leaving me in the middle of the main road so got out pushed the thing a fair way until i got to a hill rolled it into road off the main drag so i could have a look at it abit better .... couldnt see to much obvious so towed it home .... whipped all the coils and 8 plugs out turned the engine over by hand all looks fine so im totaly clueless atm going to try get my alfadiag to connect to my laptop as just getting com port errors ..... hopefully its nothing to expensive .... just strange as got no warnings of it playing about just went  Evil or Very Mad 

2shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 14th May 2014, 9:34 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Oh no, lucky you didn't get hurt! Strange about the car, hope its all ok  Smile

3shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 14th May 2014, 9:36 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

What car is it Leighton?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 14th May 2014, 9:36 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Looks like a few of us are having car troubles this week  Rolling Eyes 

5shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 14th May 2014, 9:41 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah shit day for me too and gtr still isn't done  Crying or Very sad 
Spent the whole day making a puller to try get a crank pulley off a skyline, one of the tightest jammed on triple pulleys I've ever had the pleasure of trying to remove, at least il have a suitable tool if ever have to do another one, not a nice job at all and got to be up at 5 in the morning to pick the big Irish bloke up in the RAsheen  Laughing 

6shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 14th May 2014, 10:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its an alfa romeo 147 1.6 16v .... i wouldnt mind but i dont even like the car lol ... trouble is its my daily so use it to go to and from work ....what was wrong with the pulley or was changing the chain/cambelt or something ?

7shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 14th May 2014, 10:05 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Cambelt

8shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 14th May 2014, 10:09 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Ah right could be anything with those things, don't think you'll know much till you put the diagnostics on it, more than likely a cam sensor or something has packed up

Yeah was doing the timing belt on it
Looks like someone had a crack at it before but failed in removing it, I knew it was gonna be a pig but worse than I thought but the things off now and new belt on so just got to bolt it all back together tomorrow

9shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 14th May 2014, 10:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Checked that its still there and seems tight .... didnt take the whole cover off to see the teeth .... but can see one cam through the oil filler and that was spinning while i cranked it over ....

10shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 14th May 2014, 10:20 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I hope so mate ... something nice and easy plus cheap would be nice .... going to try get it to talk with my laptop tomorrow after work ...
i take it s a woodruff key type then .... big hammer and plenty of swearing  Laughing 

11shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 14th May 2014, 10:28 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Haha trust me a big hammer and all the cussing in the world wouldn't have loosened that, looks like someone else had tried that already and dismally failed
Made an extractor from bits of pulsar parts and a modified head bolt with bits welded on and even that struggled to remove it but it gave up the ghost around 5o/c tonight
Hate things like that beating me but gotta say it almost did was the final attempt after mk1 extractor I made started to bend up

The alfas are wasted spark aren't they?

12shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 14th May 2014, 11:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

More like wasted metal lol .... yes mate wasted spark ....
i hate things beating me too ..... blimey if it started to bend it must of been some serious force behind it .... i did a timing chain on a corsa same thing somebody had a go before rounded the guide bolts proper pig to gef out ... think it would of been ewsier to drop the engine lol ...

13shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 17th May 2014, 2:12 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Update on my shitty alfa 147 .... did a comp test today i can safely say its buggered .... cylinder 1 200 cylinder 2 0 cylinder 3 0 cylinder 4 0 .... .

14shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 17th May 2014, 5:11 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Bugger that's not good. What's your next move?

15shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 17th May 2014, 5:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well its either bent valves or piston rings .... either way its head off .... wich means buying cam locks new belt tensioner skim the head new gasket plus bolts replace valves ..... in a short i really dont think its worth the hassle engines are around the 450 mark .... cars not worth much more than that .... so think il just break it .... the shit bit is real bad timing (no pun intended ) lol im totaly skint got a couple of hundred saved so not enough to buy another car so looks like pulsar takes a back seat yet again and il be walking everywhere lol ....

16shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 17th May 2014, 5:52 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Buy a moped Wink

17shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 17th May 2014, 6:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Funny you say that i was thinking of doing that .... although im like 6ft 2 its going to look like my bums eaten a kids bike  Laughing 

18shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 17th May 2014, 6:44 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Cheap to buy and insure with the bonus of good on fuel. If I didn't have my van I would have one for travelling to work.

19shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 17th May 2014, 7:43 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

nightmare for you mate nowt worse than no vehicle to hand

20shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 17th May 2014, 7:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think i might just do that .... as i can ride a moped without having to do a cbt or anything as i got my driving license before 2001

21shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 17th May 2014, 7:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I couldnt agree more mate .... to be fair i feel quite pissed off with it all at the moment .... wich i dont normally let things get to me but i think its because i started cracking on with the pulsar got quite motivated then shit hits the fan so i have to put that back for a while .. but il get through it  Wink 

22shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 17th May 2014, 8:18 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Oh no sorry to hear your news, Chin up Lieghton  Smile 

23shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 17th May 2014, 8:33 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

As im so good, I found you your ideal transport

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201403282887553/sort/recpriceascdefault/usedbikes/cc-to/125cc/colour/pink/postcode/cm29hs/page/1/radius/1501?logcode=p

lol!

24shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 17th May 2014, 9:19 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Awesome it will match my lipstick  Laughing 

25shit  day  ..... Empty Re: shit day ..... 17th May 2014, 9:56 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management