Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Afr gauge acting up

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Afr gauge acting up Empty Afr gauge acting up 14th May 2014, 10:42 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I have an innovate wide band AFR gauge in my car and just lately it's been acting rather strangely

First off I noticed a few weeks ago it started getting a little unstable at idle etc, the numbers were just all over tha place, rapidly changing from about 13:1 to 16:1 but always staying around where it should be (ie 14.7:1) I thought it was a fuelling problem but it would only do it every now nd then and I couldn't find anything a miss

A few days ago while driving the gauge froze at I think 14.4 for a few seconds and I knew something was up because I was constantly changing throttle as I was driving, then it went full lean for a few seconds then started to dance around ll over the place from full rich to full lean and eventually showed error code E:8 I turned the ignition off and back on again and it was fine.

Last night I was driving really steady and it started leaning out on me, I was near home so I was just about to take her home and swap cars but it seemed to be driving ok and I suspected the gauge, I turned the car off for a few minuets and it was fine.

I'm not sure what's going off with it, I'm not sure if it just needs recalibrating or is it sounding like its on it's last legs?

2Afr gauge acting up Empty Re: Afr gauge acting up 14th May 2014, 11:58 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Have you tried taking the sensor out and give it a clean bill ...

3Afr gauge acting up Empty Re: Afr gauge acting up 14th May 2014, 2:26 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Are you letting it heat up for 30 seconds before starting the engine on a cold start? My AEM gauge was doing the same as I was starting the engine as soon as the ignition lights had gone out, I always wait at least 20-30 seconds now and had no issues since.

4Afr gauge acting up Empty Re: Afr gauge acting up 14th May 2014, 3:08 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

It resets ever time I start the car anyway, so if I wait for it to come on then start the car I will have to wait another 30 seconds before it comes on again if you get what I mean.

No I haven't tried cleaning it Leighton, what would I use? Just some carb or brake cleaner? Or I've got some servisol electronic contact cleaner, i think that's less volatile than the carb and brake cleaners

5Afr gauge acting up Empty Re: Afr gauge acting up 14th May 2014, 6:26 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I thought you just calibrated them by putting them into normal air rather than the exhaust ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum