Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dave is dangerous with a spanner!

+4
wrc
GTI-R US
GTIR James
Hardy172cup
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 29th April 2014, 5:34 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I've just had my car up at Darren's and he's been trying to remove my det sensor for about an hour! He's been at it from every conceivable angle, he had veins popping out is head and everything but still can't budge the bolt. He tried so hard he even went light headed at one point so we had to stop for a tea break  drink 

Dave I know your a monkey but that dosent mean you have to dangle like a monkey and swing off the spanner when tightening up the det sensor  Laughing if that's your idea of not too tight I would love to see what would appen if you tightened it "red faced tight" I think you would twist the block  affraid 

I still haven't got he damn thing off, I think I'm going to have to go to a garage to get the car up on a lift to get at it.

2Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 29th April 2014, 5:40 pm

GTIR James

Should only be 21-26 NM they are awkward to get to tho.

3Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 29th April 2014, 5:46 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Well it's on very tight, Darren had a socket on it because I was underneath the car guiding him on and was on the bolt perfect but it want shifting at all.

When Dave looked at it, it was only on finger tight so he tightened it up abit to see if that helped but I think he must of been on steroids or something that day because my god has he put it on tight!

4Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 29th April 2014, 5:55 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

don't call him dangerous for nothing you know lol

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 29th April 2014, 5:58 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

You don't say bob Laughing poor old Darren, I though if he tries any harder he's going to suffer an anal prolapse  Laughing 

6Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 29th April 2014, 7:38 pm

Are you taking the piss?? I only nipped it up with the spanner so it's can't be that tight?

Darren + spanner = pussy.

7Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 29th April 2014, 7:51 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I said to Darren I haven't got a clue Dave got it that tight! you only gave it a quick tighten, I didn't see you put any real pressure on it or anything.
I think your a lot stronger than you realise Dave Laughing

8Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 29th April 2014, 8:01 pm

wrc

wrc

Hardy, I think you've had the same symptoms as me.... Can you let me know what happens once you replace your knock sensor?

9Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 29th April 2014, 9:00 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

he turning it the right way or what angle is socket at ? using a uj ?

10Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 29th April 2014, 10:15 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

wrc wrote:Hardy, I think you've had the same symptoms as me.... Can you let me know what happens once you replace your knock sensor?

Yes mate I will post on here once I have changed the knock sensor. I just hope it is a faulty sensor as oppose to the sensor actually detecting detonation and functioning as it should Shocked 

11Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 29th April 2014, 10:17 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

johnny gtir wrote:he turning it the right way or what angle is socket at ? using a uj ?

He was using a uj but I think he switched to a solid extension bar. It is really difficult to get any leverage due to the location of the sensor. As for turning it the right way, I hope so because if not its going to be super tight now lol

12Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 30th April 2014, 12:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lefty loosen .... righty tighty ....  Laughing

13Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 30th April 2014, 12:43 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Dave is a spanner... Enough said  bounce015 

14Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 30th April 2014, 12:59 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

dave is a tool full stop  Laughing 

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

15Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 30th April 2014, 9:03 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

There's some muscle under that jumper. And I was defo turning it the right way. Problem is you can get on the bolt ok but can only use yr hand not arm to turn. What with Dave being a professional wanker what chance did I stand lol

16Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 30th April 2014, 9:19 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Does he have one arm like popeye  Laughing 

17Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 30th April 2014, 11:05 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Ab5b4f031781b4c7fc2197bdaa244fa5

18Dave is dangerous with a spanner! Empty Re: Dave is dangerous with a spanner! 1st May 2014, 6:51 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol you gotta love family guy .....  Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum