Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave

+2
nomad
Hardy172cup
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 7th April 2014, 6:06 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Big thanks to Bob and Dave for coming round to look at my car today, although we haven't cured my misfire but bob did point out to me that my lambda sensor is fecked so that's a good place to start and he has brought my idle down to just under 1k instead of about 1400 rpm were it was before, was a nightmare to undo a bastard bolt on the throttle bodie stopper though  Rolling Eyes 

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it, top marks for persistence with the bastard bolt  well done if I was trying to do it myself I would of given up well before you guys and there would of been a lot of cursing and swearing as I stormed back into the house in a fit of rage  Laughing 

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The A-team  Wink 

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Lol I think you would be calling us the gay team if you saw Darren's homosexual dumbel lifting impression Laughing
He did look like he had a lot of practice at training in a gay fashion lol!

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

And you mean you didnt video it .....  Laughing 

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Balls Leighton lol

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

No it was just spontaniuos and out of nowhere, wish I'd of had a camera handy because it was hilarious lol!

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Which bolt ?

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

There is a little bolt on the throttle boddie stopper thingy that stops the throttle boddies from closing completely, it was a nightmare to get at because of the angle

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

That reminds me never checked that on mine for tick over

10Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 7th April 2014, 8:01 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

It has helped to bring the idle down a bit, and the PCV valve was fooked so that was helping things either lol

11Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 7th April 2014, 9:09 pm

It's all part of the service Wink but tbh I wouldn't of come if there was no cake on offer.

Was good to meet you an the nancy boy bones I can't believe you didn't lay bob out when he snapped you only 8mm spanner.

12Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 7th April 2014, 9:21 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I know bloody typical  Rolling Eyes I only bought the damn thing on Saturday Laughing did you and bob have to fight over the good creme cake that didn't fall over? One thing for sure I wouldn't want to get into a fight with bob over cake! You saw what he did to my spanner Laughing

13Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 7th April 2014, 9:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Id give bob a run for hes money over a cake  Laughing 

14Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 7th April 2014, 9:40 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah was good to meet the pair of you today and glad we sorted some of it out for you
The idle speed is fine on it now and I do think the damaged lambda may be causing the slight misfire at fast idle as the wires are broke so ecu can't regulate fast idle afr
Once you pick up the speed it's redundant which is why you don't notice it when driving, but it does smell fully on idle even though there are no visible leaks.

Cheers for the cakes and coffee bill and stop buying lead spanners lol
Il bring you an 8mm to the rr day as I've got a fair few, but don't forget it was dangerous Dave that lost it.
We never got in till gone 8 the rain on way back was horrendous down the m1

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

15Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 7th April 2014, 9:50 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Bloody hell bet that was a fun drive back then, me and Darren were in my leaky garage pulling that gearbox apart when the rain came, it was about as bad in the garage as it was outside Laughing

Coffe and cakes was the least I could offer for coming out your way to help out mate.

Hopefully the lambda will sort out my issue but if not It needs doing anyway because having all that exposed wire can't be doing anything any favours!

Was good to have you both round for a bit of a chat anyway and I have took the car for a spin and the idle stays we're it should be instead of fluctuatingal, the time so that's a result. Should save me a few quid fuel now im not idling at 1500rpm all the time Laughing

16Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 7th April 2014, 9:52 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

That gearbox by the way was full of metal chunks and glitter from collapsed bearings that had been chewed up Shocked all the gears look fine though surprisingly considering all the bits of metal in it

17Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 8th April 2014, 6:10 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I would have been surprised if it had been all good bill

look at the edges of the teeth to make sure they are not burred because if they are they will be no good.
its very handy for spares though so deffo not wasted money

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

18Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 8th April 2014, 7:28 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Well at least it taught me and Darren how to take a box apart. Putting one back together again may be a different issue though Laughing
I expected as much because the input shaft was rough to turn and I bought it with the understanding that it had noisy bearings

19Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 8th April 2014, 10:50 pm

Turbazz

My car revs to bloody 1400 what did you do to sort it out?

20Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 8th April 2014, 10:56 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

The PCV valve was fooked and stuck open so we swapped that over and bob adjusted the screw on the throttle body stopper. I will warn you though the screw is a bit of a nightmare to get at, it took bob and Dave about n hour and half to adjust it lol.

Have you tried adjusting the idle air control valve?

21Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 8th April 2014, 10:59 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

There's a screw just below were the entrance to the intake, near the dump valve, I think it's usually covered by a little pipe

22Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 8th April 2014, 11:02 pm

Turbazz

Haven't looked into it yet just getting my car back together.. But it's on my to do list Smile

Have read several threads on it can be a number of things.

But Yeah I will bear that in mind pal.

23Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 8th April 2014, 11:06 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Bob showed me a way to check the PCV, he just squeezed the pipe coming from the PCV with a pair of pliers and you heard the idle drop so we knew it was no good. When it was removed you could here the valve moving about freely when you shook it which is not normal.

24Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 9th April 2014, 10:45 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah the pcv valves are a big cause of high idle issues, the valve should move freely but not be loose where its jingling about as you can lose vacuum pressure.
bills vacuum rose considerably once we had adjusted a few bits which will make the engine run better throughout the range.

but your correct in what you say.............it could be a number of things causing high idle, think theres a list of stuff to check on here somewhere.
the worst thing is if people tamper with the air bypass screws as it unbalances the throttle bodies or start messing with the linkage arms as that will do the same and your car will run like crap as well as have high idle probs.
check all the simple things first such as timing, air leaks etc as its normally one of those

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

25Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave Empty Re: Big thanks to Bob and dangerous Dave 9th April 2014, 4:13 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Are Pcv valves available or just a dealer part bob?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum